Daily Check-In January 23, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check-In January 23, 2020

Post by floridacatlover »

LogicsHere wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:52 am
Diagnosis is in and it was a stroke, a blood clot blockage in the speech area. They are right now in the process of trying to see if they can clear it out. Now it's a sit and wait.
I will pray for your BIL, Logics. It’s good that he went to the hospital right away. My dad had two strokes and I know it is often a long road but with early intervention and therapy there can be a lot of progress.

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning friends.

It is chilly again this morning but not like yesterday. Today will be warm and I think sunny.

I did not get home until 10:30 last night and then had to put in my three eye drops. My friend lives not too far and is pretty much a straight shot from my house so I didn’t have trouble driving in the dark, thankfully. Dinner was great, a traditional Cuban meal of mojo chicken, yellow rice, black beans and plantains. Delicious. (I wasn’t wild about the plantains.) She also served salad and a Cuban dessert called turrones. She gave us each a care package so that will be dinner this evening.

The military genealogy class was interesting. Speaker (who is active in our genealogy club and very knowledgeable) did not seem 100%, however. I learned that I can access the library version of the Fold3 military database (that is owned by Ancestry) for free from my home. Also learned that military records are private for 60 years from the date the person leaves the service. And also, a lot of records were destroyed in the 1970s in a fire at a military records site in St. Louis.

Today I plan to go to the workshop on the England database, FindMyPast. First, I’m having the tea with mom’s neighbor that we had to postpone last week.

The Billions dvd I’ve been waiting for at the other library is finally in, BUT it is a busy weekend with figure skating on TV so I’ll wait a few days to pick up the dvd. I can keep it for a week.

Need to go put out the birdseed. I can hear them waiting. Pippi is perched near the glass door watching them.

Have a good day.

itspennyc

Post by itspennyc »

I hemmed my new denim dresses.

I have a doctors appointment today, more next week and the week after.

Penny

MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Logics, I am so sorry about your BIL and hope he can recover well.

It is a bit warmer today and cloudy, so rain is probable. Still not that pleasant by any means.

Because DS is also paying off medical bills, he's been eating lunch at home this month and our fridge is as cold and empty as the tundra right now. Time for more Mama Magic from the pantry. DH has been good to come home to eat lunch as well, although he has not curbed his vending machine habit at work.

Today there will be housecleaning and job work. Just another day in the 149 days of January! :-D
Mackie

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Logics so sorry to hear about your DBIL and DS. Will keep them and you in my thoughts and prayers. ((hug))

Your friend, Janet
Janet Alliesmama

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Beautiful sunny day. It was so damp yesterday. It rained the night before - almost all night. Not heavy, just steady.

Last night we had very heavy fog. Most i have ever seen around here. Surprised havent' heard of any major accidents. People were saying that cars on the highway were pulled over waiting for it to pass.

Today is so different. Still chilly though.

Have a great day