Daily Check In January 24, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In January 24, 2020

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Took my second walk of the day. I won't be getting my steps in today as I am just too tired and I suppose a bit antsy.

Instead of working at anything I have spent the afternoon reading or goofing around on my phone. I really should get myself up and doing something even if it is just a bit of needed decluttering.

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

It has been generally pretty easy making arrangements for my older sibling

He had already set it up with the funeral home. The only issue we had was the uniform and not even sure that is what he wanted, but that is what he is getting - lol

He even made sure our other brother that helped him out had the funds available to pay for any other expenses to include his catered reception. He wanted everyone to enjoy this time and look at it as a time to share memories.

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

clemencia2us wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:26 pm
It has been generally pretty easy making arrangements for my older sibling

He had already set it up with the funeral home. The only issue we had was the uniform and not even sure that is what he wanted, but that is what he is getting - lol

He even made sure our other brother that helped him out had the funds available to pay for any other expenses to include his catered reception. He wanted everyone to enjoy this time and look at it as a time to share memories.
It is a difficult time that is for sure. However your brother did the right thing by paying for things in advance. My mother did the same thing. She said it should be a celebration of her life. It will be bittersweet for you and your friends and family. ((hug)).
Janet Alliesmama

MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Hi, frugal ones. I have been flying to and fro today with errands. Ended the day at my primary care doc's office, discussing some issues with medication. He did some blood tests and tweaked a few things, so we'll see how it goes.

Supper tonight was tuna noodle casserole, which used up the last can of class action tuna and some leftover pasta, along with a half a pan of rolls from the freezer that did not get used up at Christmas. Yum! I am going to miss that stash of free class action tuna. :-D

Jackie, I am glad to know there's a plan for your surgery and that nothing is urgent.
Mackie

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

MackerelCat wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:00 pm
Hi, frugal ones. I have been flying to and fro today with errands. Ended the day at my primary care doc's office, discussing some issues with medication. He did some blood tests and tweaked a few things, so we'll see how it goes.

Supper tonight was tuna noodle casserole, which used up the last can of class action tuna and some leftover pasta, along with a half a pan of rolls from the freezer that did not get used up at Christmas. Yum! I am going to miss that stash of free class action tuna. :-D

Jackie, I am glad to know there's a plan for your surgery and that nothing is urgent.
Mackie I already plowed through my class action tuna. It was wonderful while it lasted.
Janet Alliesmama

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

So I finally got off my rear end and have rearranged most of the sewing/craft room. I only have my Cricut to plug in.

I think that tomorrow I am going to give my knitting machine a try. I think I will make some mug rugs. That will use up some of my leftover yarn.

Then I want to make some cards using my Cricut. Of course there is always regular knitting and sewing to contend with.

Of to finish watching the newest season of Father Brown.