Scams

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
chocolite

Re: Scams

Post by chocolite »

I've been getting one from Amazon customer service. Blah blah blah. I block each email, but of course they have unlimited scam email addresses.
Patty

littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

chocolite wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:21 pm
I've been getting one from Amazon customer service. Blah blah blah. I block each email, but of course they have unlimited scam email addresses.
Patty, I wonder if blocking e-mails or phone #'s do any good. Sirius had 9 telephone's from different states that they called on before I finally got them stopped when my service expired. When I bought my new car they put 90 days of free service on it. I don't listen to talk radio and I have about 30 CD's in my car that I can choose from to play music when I take a trip, so I didn't want it at $30.00 a month plus all the taxes and royalty fees that they add to it. When I drive to Memphis, Nashville stations start getting static and I don't want to try and find another station while I am driving so I just play CD's. I can load my CD/s before leaving home and I'm good to go.

I was in for for my first oil change and I told the Manager of the dealership about it and he said he had had several customers complain about them. I told him that I wasn't in the market for a new car, but if I were I would not want the free 90 days put on it. I have never had such a time in my life trying to stop calls.

Sure is good to see you posting again.

ohjodi

Post by ohjodi »

littlemiss63 wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:28 pm
You would think that if they are smart enough to scam they would know that the IRS never calls you for any reason, they send letters only and most of the time the first one is regular mail and you call them directly.
The scammers do know that the IRS does not call people........but most of the general public does not know that.

Also, DO NOT call any phone numbers printed on mail sent to you from the IRS, your bank, your utilities, etc etc. Look up their phone number online, in the phone book, on your real utility bills, bank statements, etc.

Scammers like to send genuine looking mail with fake phone numbers.
ohjodi