Daily check in February 2, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Dgflorida

Daily check in February 2, 2020

Post by Dgflorida »

Good morning all. Let's get started.

Jackielou

Re: Daily check in February 2, 2020

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

It looks as if it is going to be another beautiful day today. Temperatures reached 5 C yesterday and right now it looks like the same thing could happen once again today. We will be heading back to more just above normal temperatures next week.

Not much going to be happening today. I went to make cards yesterday and discovered much to my horror that I still need a few items in order to make said cards. Hmmm, this could be an expensive new hobby and the other items that I need will have to wait until I go shopping next week.

Since card making was out of the question, I decided to declutter my sweaters a bit more. I ended up pulling 5 out and adding them to the donation bag. Then decided to do some knitting. I got the dividing rows done for the month and then did my row for the first of February. Pulled out the baby dress and started working on that. I managed to get 10 more rows done. I had forgotten how long it takes to knit a baby outfit with the ultra fine baby yarns. Still it is looking very nice.

Frugally speaking the only driving will be me going to the Anglican Church, and coming home. There will be no spending either (always a good thing).

I have pulled out the t-shirt fabric given to me and will cut that up today as well. I am slowly getting closer to being able to start and perhaps finish that rug.

I plan on knitting, and perhaps in an effort to get my sewing mojo back I will sew up something quickly. I have fabric to make an infinity scarf so will work on getting that done (one sewing project of many done).

Spending time online while Hubby watches the Superbowl and looking for mug rug patterns and other free household patterns. I would prefer knitted mug rugs, but some patchwork ones would be lovely as well.

Working on the homemade gift list for Christmas and not really getting anywhere. I have a couple of things down but am really struggling to find something for Hubby. Hopefully something will pop into my head soon. The sooner the better so I can start planning.

Supper tonight will be roast ham. That means more leftovers, but more leftovers means less spent on groceries if used properly.

Knowing that my family and friends are healthy and safe brings me great joy.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.

Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Good morning all,

It is a chilly day in Florida. The heat came on just before dawn. I was able to catch the retired plant nursery neighbor yesterday and she selected a nice fig tree volunteer for Eggman. He may decide it is too large when he and his wife drop over to dig it up. I intend to water it before they come to make it easier to get out. At least, I hope easier.

Today is gym day for us. Later, military son is supposed to call. He was out of town last weekend and didn't call. He had decided to drive his truck to Houston from Mississippi for a pre marriage get together with his best friend. His friend has been trying to get married for 5 or 6 years now, but the girl had to get her previous marriage annulled first. Apparently, that proved to be difficult.

Hubs plans to watch a bit of the super bowl. I have seen a couple of the advertisements that will be shown during the super bowl via FB. They are really cute. I don't intend to watch the game. I've lost interest in the game several years ago.

I talked briefly to old dance partner about my upcoming visit in May. He wants to go on a train trip through Colorado, but it may be a bit too cold in the mountains at that time. Maybe Cajun dancing in Louisiana would be better and a last trip together to Big Bend in Texas. Our last trip out there was 2 weeks long and we did most everything with younger knees. However, we have never been to the state portion of the park. Could be interesting. I have some money held by Southwest Airlines from the aborted trip last October and I need to use it before June.

I have found out that Walmart may have onion bulbs suitable for green onions. Hubs loves green onions, so I need to drop over there soon and buy some. Not much cool weather left. Their garden supplies are often better priced.

Frugal habits as usual. And more organizing and decluttering. Today, we will have a portion of turkey cooked in the crockpot. A good meal on a cold day and the crockpot warms the kitchen area nicely. The home made storm/hurricane windows on the outside plus the use of the storm door over the patio door has kept the house pretty much draft free this winter. One more cold front is predicted, then it will be time to put away the winter clothes and take down the storm windows for 9 months.

Today, I am grateful for my good health and good life. Have a good day everyone.

Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Jackie are you now going to an Anglucan church?

Today it is supposed to be 67 to 70 for the second day. But tomorrow it's supposed to snow 2 days and be cold. One of the reasons I am looking to leave to Texas. My body doesn't do the big changes well any more.

Church the morning then taking my son out to breakfast. At some point I need to go sit on the cross trainer for half an hour. Other than that food and football. I dont give a whoop as such I think it will be a good game. Patrick is the better quarterback but not sure that means much.

I might also run out to get fabric or yarn before I'm stuck.in the house for a day or so.

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Beautiful morning here in south Texas.

The sun is shining and it is nice and chilly. Love to be able to wear my big puffy robe. I don't like it super cold, just comfy like this.

Today is my turn to volunteer at the church. Usually before I head out there I stop and pick up some food at the DQ. Not today. Its not good for me and i'm saving money too!

Don't know why it took me so long to start tracking every single dollar spent. I would just pay all my bills, give myself a mental allowance and go from there. I normally had money left over, but this way - I have more.

Something about writing it down helps. I think I tried it before by keeping tabs on my phone, but not the same. Mind games I guess.

I carry a big tote like purse so i have room for a 3/4 sized spiral notebook. I keep other notes in there from meetings I attend.

I do a tally from Monday to Sunday and anything left over from my allowance goes right into my savings account.

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Quilter51 wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:56 am
Jackie are you now going to an Anglucan church?

Today it is supposed to be 67 to 70 for the second day. But tomorrow it's supposed to snow 2 days and be cold. One of the reasons I am looking to leave to Texas. My body doesn't do the big changes well any more.

Church the morning then taking my son out to breakfast. At some point I need to go sit on the cross trainer for half an hour. Other than that food and football. I dont give a whoop as such I think it will be a good game. Patrick is the better quarterback but not sure that means much.

I might also run out to get fabric or yarn before I'm stuck.in the house for a day or so.

Quilter sounds like you have the same weather pattern that I do. We are also warm today and tomorrow and then snow coming in the next several days.
Janet Alliesmama