Daily check in February 2, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily check in February 2, 2020

Post by MackerelCat »

Rinty, I had to look up Nasi goreng to learn it is Indonesian fried rice, and it looks and sounds wonderful -- without coriander. :-D
Mackie
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

I adore Nasi Goreng
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Jackielou wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:28 pm Update

Poor Shania is not doing very well. She is having trouble moving her bowels (TMI), she is wobbling through the back end, not eating very well, and has lost 1/2 lb which is way too much for her to lose. She doesn't seem to be in a great deal of pain, but we will be taking her to the vets as soon as we can get an appointment. I really have a bad feeling about this.

I managed to make it through 2 sessions of the Lenten study to check it out as a leader. I hope to get the rest finished (4 more) by Tuesday and take a closer look at the books that go along. This seems to be a much more intensive study than the last one.

Supper is cooking away and hopefully will be ready on time. Hubby said he does not mind if he misses some of the Superbowl in order to fill his tummy.

Off to do a bit more on the knitting front. That new arrival will be here before we know it.
Jackie sorry to hear about Shania. I said a prayer for her and you.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

MackerelCat wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:57 pm Rinty, I had to look up Nasi goreng to learn it is Indonesian fried rice, and it looks and sounds wonderful -- without coriander. :-D
When you mention coriander is that the same thing as cilantro?
Janet Alliesmama
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

alliesmama4 wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:26 pm When you mention coriander is that the same thing as cilantro?
yes same thing.

You either love it or hate it. :mrgreen:
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

clemencia2us wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:34 pm yes same thing.

You either love it or hate it. :mrgreen:
I know for years I hated it thought it tasted like soap. Then I read an article that said you either loved it or hated it and thought it tasted like soap..lol. Then one time I went with a friend to her sister's house. They were from India. She made the most wonderful dinner and she made "mint" chutney. I made a pig of myself eating it and asked for the recipe. Basically it was cilantro with yogurt and a tablespoon of mint..I now love it and will even nibble on it raw while making something with it.
Janet Alliesmama