Daily Check-in February 3, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Daily Check-in February 3, 2020

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Jackie, sorry to read about your cat. It painful to see a pet sick.

Rinty, thank you for your kind words.

It's a bit chilly and cloudy right now but it's supposed to warm up to the high 40s. I was planning on not going to my coloring group today but I just might anyway.

My plans are to do a quick "weekly" clean up of my apartment today. My rooms aren't that large so it shouldn't take me that long.

I'm all set to go. It's going to seem really strange. It just feels so surreal. My sister has now asked me a couple of times if I minded having to go down there. I've had to reassure her that I wouldn't want to be anywhere but there right now. She's not only dealing with the loss but hating herself for not preparing for this, for not listening when we all told her to save for that rainy day. Unfortunately the GOFundMe didn't work (and I tried my best as did she, one of her friends and her daughter), and despite the fact that she said she had no expectations for it, she is terribly hurt. Well, she isn't the first one to find herself in a situation like this and unfortunately she won't be the last. Hopefully her daughter will now see for herself that she too can't live in LaLa Land.

Well, it's almost time for my downstairs neighbor to leave for work so that I can get an early start with my cleaning.

Have a wonderful day.

mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check-in February 3, 2020

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

I arrived at Mom and Dad's VRBO early yesterday afternoon. The sun is shining. (But I guess it is finally shining back home.) My parent's are going nuts. The TV here has a ROKU with all kinds of content available, but no local channels. So they cannot get live news. Mom is fretting about not being able to catch her soap opera for the month.

We have decided to go to Universal tomorrow.

Have a great day,
Maggie

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I slept in this morning by a whole 2 hours. Now I will be feeling like I am playing catch up for most of the day.

Shania is moving around a bit more, but still not eating very much. I will be calling the vet at sometime today and seeing when we can get her in. Not looking forward to what could be the diagnosis given the symptoms she has been showing.

It will be the usual frugal happening around the old homestead, and if we don't get into the vets today I will continue to watch the new Bible study series (I have 4 more sessions to watch and go over) and perhaps do some other easy projects. But first the rather long to do list needs to be started, and my walk outside needs doing as well.

Temperature wise it isn't as nice as it has been (well below the freezing mark today) but still much warmer than it was at this time last year. My temperature blanket looks so different from last years at this point. The DS's figured at Christmas if I would do one every year I would have a record of climate change that is highly visual. Neat idea, just not too practical.

I plan on working on some sewing (just did not feel like it yesterday) and knitting. Shania does not go to far from Hubby or I. Which is lovely, except she seems to pick right where we will step to plant herself, but it is in arms length of a pet or two and we can keep an eye on her that way.

Supper tonight is hotdogs, pasta and raw veggies. Shania will get some of the leftover hotdog as a treat. She loves hotdogs.

Joy comes to me through the love of a pet and the love we return.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good sunny morning. It reached (70 F ) ( 21.11 C) here yesterday and suppose to do the same today and then the bottom drops out with rain and snow starting on Tuesday. It has been a nice break. I enjoyed having some windows and the deck door open to let in the fresh air.

Yesterday I did not get outside like I planned to due to fatigue and having to repackage 8 lbs of chicken thighs. Today I do need to get out to go to the county court house to make the final payment on my property taxes. It will feel good to be finally caught up. While in that town I plan to go to a local store and buy a few things that I need but our stores do not carry. Then on the way home I will stop in another town to stock up on bird food. They are going to need it even more due to the bad weather moving in the rest of the week.

I made bone broth overnight and the house smelled so good when I woke up this morning. When I get home I will make chicken soup.

Jackie hope Shania feels better soon.

Have a good and frugal day everyone.
Janet Alliesmama

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

LogicsHere wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:57 am
Good morning all.

Jackie, sorry to read about your cat. It painful to see a pet sick.

Rinty, thank you for your kind words.

It's a bit chilly and cloudy right now but it's supposed to warm up to the high 40s. I was planning on not going to my coloring group today but I just might anyway.

My plans are to do a quick "weekly" clean up of my apartment today. My rooms aren't that large so it shouldn't take me that long.

I'm all set to go. It's going to seem really strange. It just feels so surreal. My sister has now asked me a couple of times if I minded having to go down there. I've had to reassure her that I wouldn't want to be anywhere but there right now. She's not only dealing with the loss but hating herself for not preparing for this, for not listening when we all told her to save for that rainy day. Unfortunately the GOFundMe didn't work (and I tried my best as did she, one of her friends and her daughter), and despite the fact that she said she had no expectations for it, she is terribly hurt. Well, she isn't the first one to find herself in a situation like this and unfortunately she won't be the last. Hopefully her daughter will now see for herself that she too can't live in LaLa Land.

Well, it's almost time for my downstairs neighbor to leave for work so that I can get an early start with my cleaning.

Have a wonderful day.
Logic's You are such a good sister and a blessing to your DS. I hope she can somehow get her act together and take care of herself. Your niece might be another story. I have nieces that have never gotten their act together. I have helped them and my brother did too. We both had to tell them you are on your own. When they had children we gladly helped but when the children became adults and out on their own we stopped helping. They finally got some kind of job but live hand to mouth but that is their choice. I have given them thousands of dollars that I could now use but do not regret helping them for the sake of their children. It is their life choices that put them there.
Janet Alliesmama

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

alliesmama4 wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:34 am
Good sunny morning. It reached (70 F ) ( 21.11 C) here yesterday and suppose to do the same today and then the bottom drops out with rain and snow starting on Tuesday. It has been a nice break. I enjoyed having some windows and the deck door open to let in the fresh air.

Yesterday I did not get outside like I planned to due to fatigue and having to repackage 8 lbs of chicken thighs. Today I do need to get out to go to the county court house to make the final payment on my property taxes. It will feel good to be finally caught up. While in that town I plan to go to a local store and buy a few things that I need but our stores do not carry. Then on the way home I will stop in another town to stock up on bird food. They are going to need it even more due to the bad weather moving in the rest of the week.

I made bone broth overnight and the house smelled so good when I woke up this morning. When I get home I will make chicken soup.

Jackie hope Shania feels better soon.

Have a good and frugal day everyone.
She is eating a bit this morning, and seems to be a bit more content. I will see how things shape up as the day progresses.