Daily Check In February 7, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In February 7, 2020

Post by Jackielou »

itspennyc wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:43 am
How much water you save with your dishwasher will totally depend on how you wash dishes. I you do it the way it was done when we had to go to the well and use 2 dishpans. You will use very little water. But most of us today rinse under running hot water.

For a few months while we lived in Germany the second time. I had only electric water heaters. That you had to turn on an hour before you needed the water. I used to rinse the dishes off, place in a dishpan with a piece of flatware between each plate. When I cooked dinner on the electric stove that had flat plate burners instead of the coil of the US. I had two 10 quart/about a liter stock pots. Both were full of water The minute I took the pots off the stove I put these on the burners. That were now off.

The residual heat was enough to heat the water to a temperature I couldn't put my hands in. I left them there until we finished dinner. I would place the dishes in the dishpan. Then put a few drops of dishwashing liquid in the dishpan. Then pour on the very hot water. I would wash the dishes and rinse in cold water.

I know people who wash the dishes with the water running. This wastes water.

Penny
Never washed dishes with the water running. How very wasteful.

MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

It's a gray, cold day here. Ollie Cat seems completely recovered from spending Wednesday night outside in a storm and was his bright, sassy self today.

I need to go to the bank this morning and drive a few errands. On the job hunt front, last night I signed up with Kelly Services, the temp agency, to see if anything will come of that. I have a lot of applications out there but the response time is so slow a girl could grow moss waiting to hear anything, so maybe this will be faster.

On the frugal front, I need to make a grocery list and an order from Chewy today, but shouldn't have any other spending.
Mackie

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

MackerelCat wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:57 am
It's a gray, cold day here. Ollie Cat seems completely recovered from spending Wednesday night outside in a storm and was his bright, sassy self today.

I need to go to the bank this morning and drive a few errands. On the job hunt front, last night I signed up with Kelly Services, the temp agency, to see if anything will come of that. I have a lot of applications out there but the response time is so slow a girl could grow moss waiting to hear anything, so maybe this will be faster.

On the frugal front, I need to make a grocery list and an order from Chewy today, but shouldn't have any other spending.
Glad to read that Ollie did not suffer any ill effects.

jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good morning all,

I had to take an OTC sleep aid last night, still wide awake at 1:30 AM. Takes me a long time to feel woken up.
Chickens are out, fed and fresh water...3 eggs this morning so the "girls" are busy, LOL

Big salad for lunch, and I think sliders and chips for supper, sliders will be turkey,ham and provolone.
Last night I made chocolate no bakes a 8:00 PM... just needed something sweet LOL.
I plan on watering, grooming and possibly moving house plants today. I have a lot of small plants/pots on a metal bakers rack in a north east window and will move them to a more northern exposure. I track sun on the windows so think it may be time.

off to get something done,
JCKitty

itspennyc

Post by itspennyc »

I made a full batch of oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. I did make 9 of them with raisins for my daughters boyfriend. I labeled a bag so I will know which will have raisins. The rest of the cookies have chocolate chips.

I am now sitting while the cookies bake

I gathered and put out garbage and trash. I had little more than usual for a Friday, I have trash pick up Tuesday and Friday

I have one more sheet of cookies to go into the oven.

I will rest and then wash bowl and beater and the cookie sheets.

I need to organize my tinies. Last night I found a bag of some that I made. The ones I put on my tress are in one container. I need to find a better one as I decided I don’t like it.

Penny

chocolite

Post by chocolite »

Morning, all. Waiting on the (what else) tile guy. This bathroom flooring project has just gone to the ridiculous. 75 square feet and 7 days...so far. DH said it's like having Ralph and Alph do our bathroom (Green Acres reference that all the people of a certain age will appreciate). :lol:

We got a dusting of snow last night and it's so pretty. Roads are clear; it's just on the lawns, rooftops, shrubs, etc. My kind of snow. The sun is out, which is lovely. I need to get out to buy a new rug for the bathroom, sort of depending on when/if the tile guy says he's coming. I have a 20% off coupon for Bed, Bath & Beyond and I thought I'd go there.

Audrey is snoozing on top of the loveseat next to me and her nose is whistling with every breath she takes. It's cracking me up.

I took some pork chops down from the freezer yesterday, and those will be supper tonight, along with a couple vegetables.
Patty