Daily Check In February 8, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ChristmasTrees

Re: Daily Check In February 8, 2020

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Jackielou wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:41 am
Good morning fellow frugalites,

Warmer this morning, and I hope the rise continues but my Google nest temperature says it won't be a day of rising temperatures, rather the opposite. I do want to get out for a short walk this morning so I will be trying to get the few items on my list accomplished early.

Frugally speaking there will be no money spent today, and I hope to make some cards finally (now have what I need (at least I think). Hopefully making cards will get me using the Cricut more. I am also thinking of using it to cut the fabric for another quilt to be used in tandem with my butterfly quilt in the bedroom. I have a feeling that today will be spent mostly working on projects and hopefully completing a few.

My youngest brother phoned last night late (at least late for him). I am afraid he is getting all confused again and starting the downward cycle that oft times follows medication and schizophrenia. We will see how his weekly phone calls progress.

I am looking through my stock of molds for items that can be used to make lotion bars, and perhaps even dishwasher tabs. I am also looking for jars to put sugar scrub and scented Epson salts in. I have a funny feeling that I decluttered those types of items quite awhile ago and will need to get very creative. I saw nothing at the second hand stores when I dropped my items off last week.

Still managing to get all the steps in to meet the goal that this silly vivofit gives me each day. Dang thing keeps going up and of course yours truly needs to beat that number. It is getting more difficult to do so every day however. Oldest DS says to just stick with the 10K steps and forget about the rest. I just can't seem to do so though.

While Shania is eating just fine once again, her intestinal and belly problems seem to be continuing. I do not want to give her the heavy duty laxative every day, so will give the paste today and see if that helps.

Supper tonight is going to be smoked sausage, leftover mashed potatoes, leftover corn niblets, and a salad.

Quiet, productive days give me great joy.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie, My best wishes go out to your youngest brother. That is a really rough go. So hard on the person and on those who love him.

ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

alliesmama4 wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:58 am
Good morning. I am actually sleeping a little bit better up to 4 to 5 hours some nights. Feels so good to be able sleep.We had a light dusting of snow during the night but going to warm up a little bit today and tomorrow.

I will be puttering in the kitchen. I am going to make hot and sour soup, Thai yellow curry, and spring rolls. I have everything on hand and it is so much cheaper to make at home. Also so much easier to cook at home compared to going for a long drive in cold weather and sit and wait for a meal to be prepared in a restaurant.

Have a good and frugal day everyone.
I am with you Janet. I much rather eat at home. Especially in winter. It is dark, cold....why go out???

ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Pretty chaotic around here right now. We are having the inside of the house painted. Lots of window panes and I just can't do it anymore. Upstairs has some sheetrock walls on the inside walls. Outside walls are all log.
Our painters are excellent and very neat, but our things are everywhere...all covered in plastic. I can't find anything!
Should be done by maybe Thursday.

rinty

Post by rinty »

Hung out with friends this morning then took DGD her birthday gift ( cash )........then decided it would be more fun to take her to the shops and watch her spend it ( it was )

Good job I hadn't bought her a gift, her style and taste have changed a LOT , she is 11 now, no more sparkly stuff for her ! ;)

Went to see DS. The carer I most trust is very concerned. Today was reported to us as a very bad day. DS now takes meds every 4 hours and is still obviously in pain. Six months waiting list ? Over my dead body. Phoning later as Its hard to talk if DS is there. Spoke about the social worker also.

Haven't food shopped, we planned our meals and have all ingredients here already. Maybe need to shop by Tuesday for more fresh stuff.

Woke at 8.30, which I needed. DH woke me with breakfast in bed, he is a lovely man. The levels of stress we are under are sky high right now. Tomorrow is due to be very stormy, amber storm warning , not good for driving so glad to have done everything today and will hunker down tomorrow. Two new diet recipes to try , one beef with mushroom and tarragon sauce, the other a dessert of chocolate custard . So that will be Sunday.

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

rinty wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:52 pm
Hung out with friends this morning then took DGD her birthday gift ( cash )........then decided it would be more fun to take her to the shops and watch her spend it ( it was )

Good job I hadn't bought her a gift, her style and taste have changed a LOT , she is 11 now, no more sparkly stuff for her ! ;)

Went to see DS. The carer I most trust is very concerned. Today was reported to us as a very bad day. DS now takes meds every 4 hours and is still obviously in pain. Six months waiting list ? Over my dead body. Phoning later as Its hard to talk if DS is there. Spoke about the social worker also.

Haven't food shopped, we planned our meals and have all ingredients here already. Maybe need to shop by Tuesday for more fresh stuff.

Woke at 8.30, which I needed. DH woke me with breakfast in bed, he is a lovely man. The levels of stress we are under are sky high right now. Tomorrow is due to be very stormy, amber storm warning , not good for driving so glad to have done everything today and will hunker down tomorrow. Two new diet recipes to try , one beef with mushroom and tarragon sauce, the other a dessert of chocolate custard . So that will be Sunday.
(((Hugs))) It is really good that you are so assertive about Tom’s care. I know it is a NECESSITY in this day and age. I am not very assertive in most cases. I’m not a strong person and I’d collapse under your stress so massive, massive props for living such a good, positive life which I know you do.