My Target Gift Card

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
HappyDaze

My Target Gift Card

Post by HappyDaze »

So I just redeemed an e-gift card to Target for $25 that I got for doing online surveys. There is no Target near me so I knew I would have to do it online. The options for gift cards weren't great for me and you couldn't get a physical gift card. I decided to go with what would be the most useful and practical - so I picked the Target one.

I ended up spending $7.35 of my own money to get free home delivery but I'm okay with that - it beats driving 45 miles to pick up my order at a store. I wanted to use this gift wisely and I got excellent prices on some pantry items:

Dried Beans (black, navy, pinto, garbanzo, great northern and pinto - 1 bag each - one pound bags)
Lentils (2 bags)
5 cartons of vegetable broth (32 oz each). I used to make my own veggie broth - I rarely do anymore.
A 12-pack of canned cat food (I dole this out sparingly, mixing just a little bit with dry food)
Natural peanut butter (2 jars - 18 oz. each)
A 45-count package of laundry detergent pods

Using the card this way helped me stick with my "buy nothing new" goal for this year and do a nice pantry stock up.

I got better prices on the peanut butter, beans and vegetable broth than I can get at stores in my area. The cat food was "about the same difference". I "paid" more for laundry detergent than I normally ever would - but I've been wanting to try the pods - and "what the heck, I have a gift card".

There is something to be said for this online survey habit of mine.

floridacatlover

Re: My Target Gift Card

Post by floridacatlover »

I was going to say you’d get free shipping if you had a Target Red Card (their own cc). But that won’t work if you are using a gift card.

I know you get your gift cards by doing surveys etc. But just to let you know once a year Target sells their gift cards at a 10% discount, usually on one Sunday between Black Friday and Christmas.

Glad you got some good deals,

As an aside, I was happy yesterday that I qualified for and earned $15 in ExtraCareBucks by doing a survey I got in my email. I almost never get a survey for that “high” amount. Only thing is since it is $15 in ECBs I have to spend the $15 all at once. I’m seeing laundry detergent and hair color in my future.

Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

I. For you. I only choose Walmart or Amazon. I can get anything at Walmart even Gas in many states.

Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Sorry. GOOD for you.

HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Quilter51 wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:25 pm
I. For you. I only choose Walmart or Amazon. I can get anything at Walmart even Gas in many states.
My options were so limited - only 6 to pick from. They had Target, T.J. Maxx, a couple other stores - no Walmart or Amazon.

MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

That is awesome, Sheila.
Mackie