Daily Check In February 10, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In February 10, 2020

Post by Jackielou »

Off to get more coffee, back soon.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In February 10, 2020

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I would have thought someone would have started the check in thread by now as I slept in this morning.

As usual a busy Monday ahead (and of course I am behind now) and the Prayer Shawl meeting this afternoon. I love being busy, keeps me out of trouble, but still there are times when I just want to throw my hands in the air and get off the ever spinning wheel. Hopefully in a couple of months that will happen (guess the recuperation time from the operation I will be having gets greater with age). However, forced inactivity does not make me feel like I have had a break.

I so did not get everything accomplished that I wanted to yesterday, and today, plus tomorrow do not give me the extra hours. Hopefully Wednesday will allow me to catch up on things.

Frugally speaking this will be a no spend day. I am saving my change to visit a sale at one of the churches in the city later in the month. I will be going to rescue yarn and fabric!! This church is having a special sale on this type of thing and have been asking for donations. I figure I will rescue what I can (if in fact there is anything I care to) and give the items another lease on life as something else. Should be fun.

Meals will be made here at home with what is on hand in fridge, pantry and freezers. Leftovers will be packaged up and used for other meals this week.

It is laundry day today, and it will be done in the usual frugal fashion. I can hardly wait for spring and hanging clothes on the lines outside. I love the smell of line dried clothing.

Bread will be made this morning, and some extra cleaning accomplished (I hope).

Prayer shawl knitting will happen this afternoon, and knitting on the gift will take place this evening.

I think I might be developing trigger finger on my right hand. I may have to make an appointment with my physician to find out if it does not improve.

Today the time I get together with other knitters/crocheters (is that not a word??) brings me joy.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello all.

Jackie, your upcoming church rummage sale for fabric and yarn sounds great.

I slept well last night. I enjoyed the Oscars but could only make it until 10:15. Loved the opening number and I thought many of the gowns were especially gorgeous this year unlike some years when they are just strange.

It looks like a gorgeous day. We’ve had very little winter this year, similar to last year. No freezes.

Very little on my agenda today except raking and more raking at mom’s house. This is the only time of year that it will be a plus that everyone is now forced to have 2x/week trash pickup. Interesting ideas on another thread about sharing trash pickup costs. It’s a good idea but for me I like to put out a bag or can each week to make the house look lived in as much as possible. So the cost (which doubled this year ☹️) is worth it to me.

I spoke to friend who has a grandson working at Shanghai Disney. He is still there and the park is closed but they are getting paid. Disney has all the American employees living within the park (at hotels I assume) and the young man only goes outside for food which is nearby. My friend is of course concerned for her grandson but he is young and healthy. Shanghai is several hundred km from Wuhan so not in the same region.

Have a good day.
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

I have got off my funk from yesterday, though I slept badly last night. Thankfully, my back doesn't hurt this morning so much.

Colder than usual this AM at 16F with realfeel of 11F. We were supposed to have a storm yesterday, but the clouds scuttled by overhead & someone else got it.

Dh has gone to work early but built a fire first. I will use that heat & wash his blankets, then hang them to dry on the side railing (after I remove girls’ nearly dry jeans).

I have lots of errands planned for myself this morning, and today I start driving girls to school (though I’ve still asked friends to give girls a ride home afterschool for two more weeks).

Time to get moving. I’ll check back in later. Still need to figure out dinner, and crochet lots on this scarf.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I really wanted to sleep well, but my dogs had other ideas

They were just tossing and turning and kept waking me up. They are taking up too much room! Will need a nap later today.

It is very cloudy outside. Kind of warmish too. We are expecting a mild cold front. Thank goodness. I am not ready for the extreme heat. Will be in the 40s - nice sleeping weather. It was in the high 80s south of us - yuck.

I have one task to take care that requires me to get dressed - :mrgreen: - and that will be about all I can handle today

Have a great day
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

floridacatlover wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:31 am Hello all.

Jackie, your upcoming church rummage sale for fabric and yarn sounds great.

I slept well last night. I enjoyed the Oscars but could only make it until 10:15. Loved the opening number and I thought many of the gowns were especially gorgeous this year unlike some years when they are just strange.

It looks like a gorgeous day. We’ve had very little winter this year, similar to last year. No freezes.

Very little on my agenda today except raking and more raking at mom’s house. This is the only time of year that it will be a plus that everyone is now forced to have 2x/week trash pickup. Interesting ideas on another thread about sharing trash pickup costs. It’s a good idea but for me I like to put out a bag or can each week to make the house look lived in as much as possible. So the cost (which doubled this year ☹️) is worth it to me.

I spoke to friend who has a grandson working at Shanghai Disney. He is still there and the park is closed but they are getting paid. Disney has all the American employees living within the park (at hotels I assume) and the young man only goes outside for food which is nearby. My friend is of course concerned for her grandson but he is young and healthy. Shanghai is several hundred km from Wuhan so not in the same region.

Have a good day.
I liked watching the award shows just to see the gowns too.