Daily Check In February 10, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In February 10, 2020

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Prayer Shawl meeting was lovely, we knit, we laughed, we talked about family. Now if only the majority of church could be the same way.

Supper is being made in my InstantPot tonight, and it isn't rice!!! I really need to use this appliance for more (same with the airfryer). One thing I always seem to forget is how long it takes to come up to pressure. Still supper will be ready before we know it and using 1/4 of the power to make it.

Really quite a frugal way to cook a meal. Keeps a great deal more of the nutrients in as well.

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Will miss you so much Miss Rinty!!!

Hope you can get everything to work out for Tom. Sounds so frustrating.

Big hug to you and all your family. They love you and so do we. Stay strong!!!

ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

rinty wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:40 pm
Hey Guys,

At the risk of sounding silly or self absorbed I think I need to step away for a while.

Frankly I haven't anything to contribute.

If this was the " People Raging Against Poor Care for the Severely Handicapped " Forum, then , yes, but , bless you all, it isn't.

I care about you all very much but I don't find the internet as restful any more. The few witty, well written blogs take about 10 minutes every other day to read. It used to be I could zone out, now , not really, things are more about Instagram or Facebook and I'm not into that, nor do I want to be.

I have a gazillion things that need to be done/because those who are paid £100, 000 a year to do it do not give a flying..........fill in missing word. It sucks the life blood from me. I cannot stand it. Truly. Work is a distraction, a good one, but one I could drop like a rock any day. I have a lovely family that I perhaps do too much for ( that again, linked to what we/I did NOT do for them when DS was little )so I am not alone nor lonely.

I have just had it. It would be nice to not have to rage to accomplish anything. Spent two hours today at " things ". Mindless. The new social worker is part of this. Knowing UTTERLY NOTHING AT ALL of DS, she , is apparently the one who will sort out all DS ills ( we aren't needed apparently ) As she has met him once, a week ago and has no backstory to him.......she obviously cannot do that.

Now , if this were a TV show, it could just run, she'd fail, Ds would get so bad its untrue then WE would step inon our white horses and sort it out and GEE WHIZ, he'd finally get some care and it could be listed as a heart redning feel good drama. But it isn't , DS life is S%$^ and , as his mother, I feel like howling without stopping forever.

My final straw here I mentioned to Jackie.

Love to you all and look after yourselves .
Rinty, I will miss you SO much. Please take good care of yourself. I pray things improve for Tom, so that things can improve for you. Love you dearly. Trees

itspennyc

Post by itspennyc »

Rinty I will miss you so much,

I hope you will stay, we all want the best for Tom. I am so sorry you have to fight for what I suspect is his legal right.

I know how difficult to fight for the care a child needs. My daughter is very hard of hearing. I struggled to get the help she needed to succeed. I really didn't make much progress. No one would listen to me, but my brother is also hearing impaired, she was developing the exact speech mis pronouncements he did. At the time we lived an 8 hour drive away. So she wasn't mimicking his speech.

We moved to an area which I didn't know in advance that the local school for the Deaf mainstreamed its students in this school. She went from being the only hearing impaired child in school to the hearing impaired child with the best hearing. She has since then lost more hearing.

Lots of {{{{{Hugs}}}}}

Penny

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Rinty sorry to see you go. However you do what is best for you and your family. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers for you to find the solutions that you need to make Tom's life better. Also to give you the peace you need to know you have done all that you can for his needs and comfort. Take care of yourself as well.
Janet Alliesmama

mona50

Post by mona50 »

Rinty, though I rarely post, I always read the forum. I WILL MISS YOU AND YOUR INSPIRATIONAL, WITTY, STRAIGHT FROM THE HEART posts. I so hope things get better for your son, Tom. Take care . . .