Daily Check In February 11, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check In February 11, 2020

Post by MackerelCat »

Good afternoon, frugal ones. I am doing laundry today. It's gloomy but not raining and almost warmish.

Our homeless buddy did lose his place at the church shelter after all and has been couch surfing with my family for the past week. He's excellent company and the dogs love him. He arrived with a sinus infection and spent the first week getting over that, but this morning I took him down to the city bus stop and he's been out taking the bus to his appointments today as he works on getting housing.

I cleaned the kitchen this morning, dusted the furniture, put fresh tablecloths on, went to Family Dollar and stocked up on cleaning stuff, made a short visit to my single mom friend, and went to a new to me Goodwill store to browse. Wound up trading interview outfit tips with another woman who was there building a professional wardrobe. That was nice.

Got the news that today that I did not get the job I interviewed for last week. It was kind of iffy because I had only glancing experience with their software systems. I guess that's good experience in not taking it personally, though.

Hope everyone has a frugal rest of their day.
Mackie

clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check In February 11, 2020

Post by clemencia2us »

LWolfT wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:38 pm
Good afternoon .
Catching my breath. DH's friend is coming for dinner. Actually, he offered to bring dinner, so ...
So we've been cleaning . My back is aching but the main areas are presentable. I must admit that while I enjoy visiting with folks, more and more I prefer to do it outside the house.
Anyway, a bit warmer and brighter today.
Gayle, hope you're feeling better.
Logics, glad you popped in ...
i'm the same way - prefer to meet outside the house.

I wasn't always like this but I guess i changed. :mrgreen: