Daily check in February 15, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
jckitty

Re: Daily check in February 15, 2020

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,

I can finally access the forum on my computer! I don't know what i have done but for some reason the laptop is cooperating, i hope it continues LOL

It is warmer today than yesterday but that isn't saying much, still very cold and now we have a wind chill factor.

I feel like this winter will never end. I think i say that every year.
Jackie, sure hope your son recovers quickly, that is really scary.

I have no idea what meals will be today, i do know they will include potato salad as i made a vat of it on Wednesday and still have a couple of servings....I made it with the cooked mustard dressing that i used to make for the parental unit....so good.

I am seriously considering starting the painting on the inside of my dome, it needs done and i might as well do it since i can't do anything outside. I can reach everything with poles but will need a ladder for around fixtures and some top trim work...i am pretty sure i can get DD here to watch me on the ladder while i do that part.

Not much going on around here, it feels like "hurry up and wait".

Have a good day all,
JCKitty

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Antoher chilly day - but I love it.

Was able to drag myself out of bed at 0600 and make it to the 5K i signed up for last month

We only walked and it was good exercise. Now at home relaxing.

LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good afternoon ...

It's warmer and the sun is out, but that wind feels pretty darn sharp. Just back from finishing up my errands for the week.

As for the rest of the day, will work around college basketball (don't usually get to see my alma mater on TV). Hockey is on tonight ... DH may want to watch a bit of that new football league.

Jackie, glad your son is accepting your help! (and safe travels to and from) Does he have anyone to look in on him till you can get back?

Gayle, hope the chemo after-effects will pass quickly ...

Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good afternoon everyone,

Floridacatlover I’m glad you enjoyed visiting that recipe site. I also enjoyed those videos. I can vouch for the oatmeal ( cooked with banana and “ milk “, the baked cauliflower and lentil curry and their version of Nutella. I’m now inspired to try many more of their recipes as I was getting into a bit of a rut.

Today the temperature is much milder but of course along with that came more snow! Dh and I did some shoveling this morning. The snow has slowed down so I took a long walk after lunch. The air was so fresh and crisp- I loved it!

I may be suffering a bit from cabin fever or just having too much time on my hands. I cleaned the boot trays of both entrances ( shaking out as much grit and sand as possible) and washing the remainder off in our utility sink with an old scrub brush and cleaning it off with a rag. I also swept all the dirt and sand I could from the rugs. Then I dusted all the main floor. But still was looking for things to do. Dh told me he can’t relax ( watching tv) when I’m cleaning all the time, lol!

Not sure how I’ll spend the rest of the day aside from dinner prep and clean up.

Jackie I’m glad to hear your son is doing well. He is lucky to have family support.

Have a great Saturday all!
Creative