What's in Your Gift Closet

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
HappyDaze

What's in Your Gift Closet

Post by HappyDaze »

Do you have a gift closet? If so, what do you have stashed for gift giving occasions? I don't have a lot stashed away - it's just a shelf in a closet. I have birthday gifts for my daughter and her boyfriend (I took one of their Christmas gifts and put back for their birthdays) and two "Would You Rather" games that I bought on Amazon - free to me with gift cards earned from surveys.

I won't be stocking it up anytime soon as I'm sticking with my "buy nothing new" goal for the whole year - but if I do come across used items that would be suitable or things like coffee, etc. that I know someone would enjoy, I'll pick those up.

Right now I'm thinking Mother's day - and my mom's birthday is in May too - I know she wants bird seed for both of those.

clemencia2us

Re: What's in Your Gift Closet

Post by clemencia2us »

heck no

I don't give gifts! I am a scrooge. I don't want gifts either. Just more stuff to get rid of.

If I can't eat it or spend it - I don't want it.

And even the eating part can be tricky. I might not like it and will give it away.

itspennyc

Post by itspennyc »

I have no gift closet. I make most of my gifts.

My budget is very limited. I enjoy knitting what the family loves so good all around,

Penny

HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

itspennyc wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:37 pm
I have no gift closet. I make most of my gifts.

My budget is very limited. I enjoy knitting what the family loves so good all around,

Penny
Penny I have always enjoyed the photos you have shared of your lovely creations and people are lucky to be the recipients of them!

Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Not as such. I make many gifts but rarely do I buy something ahead and when I do I gift it for a birthday or just because. I probably should because we all do the gift thing and I love getting and giving.

ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Clem, you crack me up :D
My gift closet got pretty emptied out at Christmas.
I buy things as I find them. I find great things while traveling