Is the Coronavirus affecting you

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Is the Coronavirus affecting you

Post by floridacatlover »

clemencia2us wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:43 pm
yes I see that we might be back to business as usual by next week? Interesting press conference.
Will people shrug and accept it? Maybe so.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

floridacatlover wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:09 pm
I watched Boris. Very tough restrictions. Shopping for necessities but as infrequent as possible. Exercise once a day. Gatherings of no more than two people. Weddings and other events except funerals cancelled. Go to and from work only if no other options. To me, this is good.

Meanwhile in my area things are very loosy-goosy, which to me is bad.
Funerals are also cancelled here unless only 25 people attend and they are pushing for just immediate family. Weddings are cancelled as well.

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Jackielou wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:43 pm
Funerals are also cancelled here unless only 25 people attend and they are pushing for just immediate family. Weddings are cancelled as well.
One of our local families had to livestream their fathers funeral service today. No one was allowed in chapel - saw five family members

littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

clemencia2us wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:16 pm
Getting serious now in our small town

Went looting again - as we jokingly call it.

Two days ago the flour and corn tortillas were fully stocked, but no bread.

Well now those are gone too. So I guess people are discovering the tastiness and utility of the tortilla!
Clem, I love Mexican Food and since I couldn't get bread I got me a couple of packages. I love a Breakfast Burrito, they make great fried apple pie pastry, I have a salad form and I can deep fry for a salad bowl. The makes great noodles for chicken soup when cut into strips, not to mention a beef burrito. For a good dessert fry flat and sprinkle with cinnamon & sugar, add some pie filling, sprinkled with cheddar cheese and topped off with redhots that have been ground into small pieces and my favorite soft shell tacos.

My son-in-law was at Kroger today and not a sack of flour on the shelves. He was able to get me a carton of eggs and another package of toilet paper. That man is wonderful, he is going every day and picking up stuff for his family, me and several of his older neighbors. We have joked about having our own personal shopper now. He may have started something we want let him stop when we get back to what-ever "normal" is. He's limited to 2 items of each product so he may not get what everyone wants on one trip. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I can lighten his load if WalMart fills my order for tomorrow. I am scheduled for pickup between 4-5. You may hear me shouting from here to Texas.

HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Regarding weddings, I saw a lovely post on youtube from a couple who just got married. Basically, they were saying "we couldn't have our wedding but we will still have our marriage" and they were so happy. It made me feel a bit better about things to see two young people taking such a positive view of a bad situation.

rinty

Post by rinty »

One of our posters, BigCheryl has a daughter getting married in April and she posted that she had been affected and will have to have one of these tiny weddings. Lets all send hugs her way. Its great poepl can make the best of it but you have to feel for them.