Is the Coronavirus affecting you

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Sandy

Re: Is the Coronavirus affecting you

Post by Sandy »

clemencia2us wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:38 am
There have been two cases in San Antonio involving people that work in law enforcement.

What is crazy is that they told no one and just went about their business!

One is or was a traffic officer with the police department. He drove up to NYC to pick up a realtive that had the virus. Brought that person back. Didn't tell anyone. Continued working. Even making traffic stops! Well now he has it. He exposed thousands of people

Another was a deputy that worked at a place where people go pay their tickets, go to court etc. Its a fairly new place. He also told no one. Wait - his boss knew, but also thought no big deal.

I guess this comes from thinking that this is all overblown?
:shock:

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Today I received a package from my Michigan friend with an unopened package of 30 gloves. How kind is that!

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

floridacatlover wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:08 am
Today I received a package from my Michigan friend with an unopened package of 30 gloves. How kind is that!
FLC that is awesome.

MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I have started keeping a vinyl glove in the car just for touching touchscreens like at the bank. We don't have a lot of gloves, just a few I use for when I make meatloaf, burgers, or handle raw chicken, so that's why just one.
Mackie

rinty

Post by rinty »

I know we are all being very positive where we can but its all so horrible, isn't it ?

Friends at work were talking about how this will affect the children. Its all so sad. And you'd be a fool not to be frightened at some level. I certainly am.

colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

Yes it is awful Rinty - and I agree I am afraid. Not so much for me - but for where the young ones in my family. Even when the virus is history, who knows what the after effects will be. I know they will be major.

But I will also be honest - I see good coming from this. Posts on Facebook have changed. They are kinder and people go out of their way to post a joke or something funny. Of course you have the occasional creep - but that is life. People seem calmer staying at home. Even hubs who MUST get out of the house daily - has settled in and seems much more content to be at home.

I would love to think that some of the change which will come will be for the better. What I have trouble dealing with are the idiots who are having parties and ignoring the rules. What is wrong with these people? I say fine them heavily and if that doesn't work - arrest them. My best friend always says "you can't fix stupid" and they are prime examples. Hubs calls it natural selection.