Is the Coronavirus affecting you

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
GMPG54

Re: Is the Coronavirus affecting you

Post by GMPG54 »

MackerelCat wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:41 pm
I have started keeping a vinyl glove in the car just for touching touchscreens like at the bank. We don't have a lot of gloves, just a few I use for when I make meatloaf, burgers, or handle raw chicken, so that's why just one.
A sandwich bag will do in a pinch.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

GMPG54 wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:54 pm
A sandwich bag will do in a pinch.
Never even thought of this.

Sandy

Post by Sandy »

Our Advertising Editor and his wife (she is the office manager) have been exposed. They were at their church helping to hand out boxes from their food kitchen and one of the men who came to get a box was diagnosed as positive today. I don't go into the office anymore but my son does (he's the Executive Editor). Media is considered an essential service so my son sent the ad ed and wife home to self-quarantine for 14 days, calmed everyone else down, went into his office and called me to say he would be staying at the office for 14 days.

It's just too much.

mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

rinty wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:33 pm
I know we are all being very positive where we can but its all so horrible, isn't it ?

Friends at work were talking about how this will affect the children. Its all so sad. And you'd be a fool not to be frightened at some level. I certainly am.
Will the Children be any more frightened than they were over the Polio crisis? My Mom has talked about that being a big fear when she was a kid.

Not to be condescending, but other generations have been through similar issues and have carried on. People can be pretty resilient.
Last edited by mbrudnic on Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Sandy wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:06 pm
Our Advertising Editor and his wife (she is the office manager) have been exposed. They were at their church helping to hand out boxes from their food kitchen and one of the men who came to get a box was diagnosed as positive today. I don't go into the office anymore but my son does (he's the Executive Editor). Media is considered an essential service so my son sent the ad ed and wife home to self-quarantine for 14 days, calmed everyone else down, went into his office and called me to say he would be staying at the office for 14 days.

It's just too much.
Sandy I really respect your son for his decision. Hope all will be ok.
Janet Alliesmama

mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

MackerelCat wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:41 pm
I have started keeping a vinyl glove in the car just for touching touchscreens like at the bank. We don't have a lot of gloves, just a few I use for when I make meatloaf, burgers, or handle raw chicken, so that's why just one.
I put some paper towels in my pocket for punching in my pin number at the credit card machine.

Just be sure to deposit the used items in the trash. Around here people are dumping them in their carts or the parking lot.