Is the Coronavirus affecting you

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ohjodi

Re: Is the Coronavirus affecting you

Post by ohjodi »

clemencia2us wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:54 pm
https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/04/01/bailout-checks-social-security/

you should be able to read the story on the washington post. They are making stories about the covid-19 available to all
Washington Post articles about COVID still don't open for me, I get the grey "subscribe" overlay, even though they're supposed to be free. However, I get around this by right-clicking the article title, or highlighting the link you posted and right-clicking", then select "save as", and save it to your computer desktop. Then click on the saved item on the desktop to open the article. The formatting is sometimes wonky, you might have to scroll down a bit to get the article.
ohjodi

LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

There is one blogger who irritates the living daylights out of me; she also has a You Tube Channel.

This woman is one of the most arrogant people I've come to know. She's rude, condescending and insulting. She comes across like "SHE" is the saviour to all who listen to her. She spouted garbage last night that she didn't believe in the recessions we've gone through, that they're nonsense. Humiliated me last night on her live show by making an incorrect assumption to a comment I made which she does to others quite frequently. Not sure why I even bother watching her, but after last night felt compelled to write her back and tell her that unless she can show her economics degree and/or valid experience in the field, then she should comment to the fact that she is qualified only to provide tips and tricks on money utilization that she's learned from her own experience as well as her mother's. I also asked for a public apology.

colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

Jodi - I am sure I know who you are talking about. I watch too because I get the occasional good tip and recipe, but I think they have lost a lot of people because of that attitude. There are only two ways to believe on any given subject - her way and the wrong way. It is ironic because you can tell she hates doing you tube- but that is about their only income so she is trapped. Ah well - just take the good and ignore the bad. I would hate to live my life with that much resentment toward everyone else.

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

clemencia2us wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:47 pm
Well good news for those that survive on SS only and do not file a tax return.

IF they had wanted to be included in the virus check giveaway - they would have had to file a tax return. One that would be set up on the IRS website soon,,,,

Well angry dems and repubs got that changed. Now if you get SS and do not file a return, you will get your virus check!
I’m glad they reversed this ruling. I remember back in 2008 (I believe) that there was a stimulus check. My uncle had not filed a tax return in years but it was required to get the stimulus so I filled it out for him. I remember I had to write “stimulus only” at the top so I’m sure the IRS did not even look at the numbers. I’ve since read that a lot of people didn’t get it because they didn’t or couldn’t file.

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

did y'all read where a train engineer tried to drive his engine into the hospital ship Mercy?

He thinks this is a big conspiracy :shock:

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

clemencia2us wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:08 am
did y'all read where a train engineer tried to drive his engine into the hospital ship Mercy?

He thinks this is a big conspiracy :shock:
I hadn’t heard that!

But I did read that the government has increased security for Dr. Fauci because the crazies think he is stopping Trump from reopening businesses.