Is the Coronavirus affecting you

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Is the Coronavirus affecting you

Post by alliesmama4 »

HappyDaze wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:42 am
Friends, I just CAN'T, CAN'T, CAN'T --

Every day about this time, I text my parents a "riddle of the day" - it's a way to stay connected, something they can count on during this time - kind of fun all around.

I have said REPEATEDLY to my parents - let us (me and my brother) know what you need - we will make sure it gets to your front porch.

So I text today - and my dad says "stand by, I am in ______________ (town) doing some shopping".

This isn't the first time this has happened. I can't keep preaching - they don't listen. I cannot keep people safe and healthy who refuse to cooperate and follow the guidelines. My parents are bout 78 years old and my dad has COPD and my mom has a heart condition.

I want to SCREAM! Thank you for listening.
Sheila I feel so sorry for you and your parents. I do not understand why some people never get it or understand they need to follow safety precautions. Will keep them and you in my thoughts and prayers. ((hug)).Your friend Janet
Janet Alliesmama

HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Thank you Janet, CG and Trees - your support means a lot. I "preached it" again today, I told them about the older lady from my town who passed away today. My dad said he will start staying home and let us know what they need. We will see.

I have been researching how to be safe for when I have to go into a store next. I'm going to put it off as long as I possibly can and be as prepared as possible and as fast and as careful as possible.

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

LWolfT wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:24 pm
Well, just got a nasty surprise. My main client sent a message saying that, sorry, don't need freelancers right now ... the shutdowns have done a number on the businesses it serves.
So, while I'm supposed to get paid for what I've done already ... nothing new coming in for a while. (At least I hope it's just for a while ...)

Wolf sorry to hear about your job loss.Hoping that things will get better soon.
Janet Alliesmama

Sandy

Post by Sandy »

I was pleasantly surprised today when I found out my favorite neighborhood grocery store will be taking grocery orders by phone or email and then bring your order to your car. I was looking at their weekly ad and saw the announcement up in one corner. I thought that was quite sophisticated for a small town store to see a need for their customers and meet it (I'm positive the employees are just as thrilled not to have you come inside).

I called to check how well stocked they were and the owner said they had finally "caught up" to the initial run on everything but paper products. I've known her for about ten years and she knew I'd been looking high and low for bananas and was kind enough to let me know she had a truck coming which will be there around 4:00 a.m. tomorrow and that she had 50 crates of bananas arriving with her new inventory.

She also told me she had all of her grandkids on the hook to come in and help fill orders and carry out...and they weren't happy campers.

MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

FloridaCat, as a born and raised Georgian (we moved to Tennessee 8 years ago), the governor of Georgia is a fool whose main accomplishment in life was stealing the election.

The mayor of Chattanooga, who I admire more every day in this crisis, has put teeth in his essential business and travel only order. This may, unfortunately, mean that DS's employer has to temporarily close. The business is not open to the public, so they may manage to appeal being closed. We'll see.

LWolfT, I am so sorry to hear the news about your free-lance job. :(
Mackie

BevMoore

Post by BevMoore »

Happydaze It sounds like your parents have been going stir-crazy and that's why they went out. Maybe it' age but I remember my mom going stir-crazy at time if she couldn't go out. Can you or a family member close by steer the excess energy in a different direction? Walks around the block? Just a thought.

Bev