Is the Coronavirus affecting you

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Re: Is the Coronavirus affecting you

Post by LogicsHere »

I wish I could walk for an hour or so every day but after about 15 minutes my back starts to hurt and my ankles start feeling like they're giving way a bit.

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

LogicsHere wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 3:59 pm
I wish I could walk for an hour or so every day but after about 15 minutes my back starts to hurt and my ankles start feeling like they're giving way a bit.
We do over an hour at a time. But my sister does several walks during the day - 15 minutes or so

mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

AuntBridget wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 2:24 pm
Thank you all for the education. I was honestly asking because I have not had television for over 12 years. So what "news" I get is from here, and FB....and I see so many things that counter dict what information has been given.... Wear masks, don't wear masks, wear gloves, don't wear gloves, etc.

Yes, I am disappointed by the changes that have been my life, due to the virus. I also accept that these small disappointments in no way compare to the losses that others have faced.
Thanks for being willing to learn.

Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

I walk around my house in ten to fifteen minute increments (my house works for it) four times a day except for today. I also do a seated aerobic exercise routine that uses all my muscles and raises my heart rate, which is much kinder on my poor knees and ankles. I keep the walking part though because it makes things....ahem....move along more smoothly.

ohjodi

Post by ohjodi »

People will not take this seriously until thousands of children start dropping dead.

But even then, too many people will brush it off. Especially if, as it is for most adults, the dead kids were brown, fat, and poor.
ohjodi

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

ohjodi wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 4:51 am
People will not take this seriously until thousands of children start dropping dead.

But even then, too many people will brush it off. Especially if, as it is for most adults, the dead kids were brown, fat, and poor.
Yes, agreed.

People in my county say,”Its not affecting me & my family so why should we mask up?” Or”I have the masks, but I'll wait until it gets bad here before I’ll wear one,” which is the stupidest excuse I’ve ever heard.