Is the Coronavirus affecting you

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
littlemiss63

Re: Is the Coronavirus affecting you

Post by littlemiss63 »

The only thing that I am wondering is, how many of us know anyone that has had it? One of my friends who calls me on a regular basis asked me that questions the first of the week. She said, "I keep hearing about the thousands who have it, but nobody knows anyone that has had it yet.

The first one that died in our community, I knew of his brother. He posts a lot on facebook, because he's a civil war buff. He still isn't sure that is what killed his brother because he had COPD and didn't actually have the symptoms normally associated with COVID19. No fever, but stomach pains. I still haven't heard if they were going to do an autopsy on him.

I just can't afford to take a chance myself as I have been protecting myself since I started on dialysis. I was staying away from crowds of people before this became an issue in our country. We've been blessed in our county so far.

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

littlemiss63 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 10:33 am
The only thing that I am wondering is, how many of us know anyone that has had it? One of my friends who calls me on a regular basis asked me that questions the first of the week. She said, "I keep hearing about the thousands who have it, but nobody knows anyone that has had it yet.

The first one that died in our community, I knew of his brother. He posts a lot on facebook, because he's a civil war buff. He still isn't sure that is what killed his brother because he had COPD and didn't actually have the symptoms normally associated with COVID19. No fever, but stomach pains. I still haven't heard if they were going to do an autopsy on him.

I just can't afford to take a chance myself as I have been protecting myself since I started on dialysis. I was staying away from crowds of people before this became an issue in our country. We've been blessed in our county so far.
I think being proactive is the most important thing. I saw a man on TV that was either a Lyft or Uber driver. He refused to wear a mask because he did not see the need. Fast forward to he is seriously ill but the really sad thing is his wife is in a coma in ICU. He wants to apologize to her when she comes out of the coma.. What the heck! Maybe she will not you idiot. Some areas are more affected than others so why not be proactive and protect yourself and your loved ones by doing the right thing.
Janet Alliesmama

BevMoore

Post by BevMoore »

My friend and I are still waiting to see what is going to happen with our schools. The State Department of Education had a podcast the other day supposedly about a game plan, except it wasn't. Just the usual talk about how we will keep everyone safe but no real specifics that will work. We have only 6 weeks until schools start the new school year and so far no concrete plans. I for one will not be returning to work until there are detailed plans in place.

Bev

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

littlemiss63 wrote:

LittleMiss, the virus is real. You are fortunate to be in an area with few cases. Countries around the world have shut down and taken this seriously, not just in the U.S. I’m afraid your friend has been reading or listening to the crazy talk that seems to be going around more and more. You are smarter than that.

mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

littlemiss63 wrote:

My co-worker and his wife. She is a nurse in a Nursing home. I saw a Facebook post stating that a vast majority of cases were from Nursing homes. And of course these are people who think the shutdown was excessive and unnecessary. I do not agree.

My co-worker said he had a mild case, but still got short of breath. His wife was given an inhaler. He said it was no joke.

The fact that you do not know anyone hod had it is a good sign that the shutdown's worked, IMHO.

GMPG54

Post by GMPG54 »

Daughter had it twice.The thought is her resistance was very low following spinal surgery in late January.
She had all GI symptoms,no respiratory,fever,muscle aches,weakness,she is 41.