Is the Coronavirus affecting you

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Is the Coronavirus affecting you

Post by floridacatlover »

clemencia2us wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:50 pm
yea - I don't think that the "technology" they developed to cleanse the church of the virus is a sure thing

They developed it themselves??????

Kind of like that colloidal silver drink or whatever that Jim Baker was selling?
If that technology had been true, every theater and arena and school in the country would want it. No surprise that the claims were not true. Baseball now plans a season of 60 games - no fans.

SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

It's gotten funny - predictable, but funny - locally. Accusations were made by we know who that Tulsa cops weren't letting people in on Saturday. TPD's response? Uh.... no, we arrested 1 person, everyone else who was screened and cleared was let past.

(And even the 1 person, a woman wearing an "I can't breathe" t-shirt - I doubt that'll go far, the local schtick is that she was singled out by the secret service who told TPD to arrest her, she wasn't doing anything particularly wrong outside of her shirt selection. Weird.)

So it shifted to the venue - accused of the doors not being open. Response? Uh... no, all entry doors were open and anyone who got past the secret service and TPD screening and wanted to enter was allowed to do so.

Even the aerial pics - there weren't that many people - and the pics are clear enough that you could probably make them a little bigger and literally count every person. Guess they shouldn't have aired those before they could be digitally altered.

It's just that they can't accept it.

They might have gotten better #s in OKC. Bigger city = better turnout? And it's OK oil central, and the fossil fuel folks like him.

Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

I have a good friend who is the guy in charge of disaster prep for th entire Episcopal church of america.

He'll tell you that they prepared for hurricanes, earthquakes and even a small EMP, but not a pandemic.

He'll also tell you that there are at least ten agencies/companies/labs in the US alone that are soley focused on a vaccine, but the reality is that there will probably be nothing by spring, and rather it COULD take a whole year more.

Developing cures and vaccines are not easy. Cancers especially as they are not all the same and not treated the same and so many of them are fueled by genetics and lifestyle issues (I am the daughter of a mother and a grandmother who had ovarian cancer, which is why I always tell Gayle to just do it). the flu is as old as life itself, and there has only been vaccines for a few years relatively, and a so called cure (which has to be taken within two days) that for some is not a cure, literally in the last few years.

Realistically we are going to deal with this for some time.
http://richlyretired.blogspot.com

littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

floridacatlover wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:32 pm
My Dutch friend is flying this afternoon on Southwest. She posted a photo in the airport wearing her mask (and glasses). She has been very careful throughout this virus period. I’ll be curious to hear about her flight and check-in. She is only flying one way - will help her son drive a U-Haul truck moving back to Florida. When we talked last week she was feeling fairly confident.
Florida, Mr. B's son is a pilot for Southwest and he says they are taking every precaution, so she should be safe. They want this virus to go away as much as the next guy. You know that money is flowing out of their pockets like a river with planes being half full and them having the same expenditures.

ohjodi

Post by ohjodi »

If there is a vaccine before the election, I'm not getting it. I'd be suspicious that it's actually a placebo, staged to win votes.

I'll hide at home and wait for the next one.
ohjodi

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

ohjodi wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:19 pm
If there is a vaccine before the election, I'm not getting it. I'd be suspicious that it's actually a placebo, staged to win votes.

I'll hide at home and wait for the next one.
same - will wait to see how it affects others.

I've done my time of mandatory vaccinations - :lol: