Is the Coronavirus affecting you

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Is the Coronavirus affecting you

Post by clemencia2us »

Eight new cases in our rural county reported today.

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

littlemiss63 wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:03 pm
Florida, Mr. B's son is a pilot for Southwest and he says they are taking every precaution, so she should be safe. They want this virus to go away as much as the next guy. You know that money is flowing out of their pockets like a river with planes being half full and them having the same expenditures.
She did a lot of research and felt confident about Southwest’s precautions and she has her wipes and sanitizer. Her flight is nonstop Tampa to Kansas City so not too long. She paid the extra $$ to be able to board in one of the first groups. We told her to sit in a window seat because that is what they recommend to be away from people walking up and down the aisles. Her son will pick her up so no taxi or rental car or shuttle.

Driving back to Florida, they’ll have the truck and will tow his SUV! We asked why she couldn’t drive the SUV and let him drive the truck but she had some reason. Driving a U-Haul truck and towing a SUV is scarier than flying IMO!

DesertNay

Post by DesertNay »

I'm in Phoenix. Arizona had a record number of cases in the past 24 hours, about 3500. Trump flew in to inspect his "new" 200 mile wall in Yuma, AZ this morning where the construction workers are testing positive for Covid. BTW, the wall is an existing structure just undergoing repairs.

All day long, more than 3000 mostly young people have waited outside in line in 105 degree heat without masks. They are very close together, no social distancing. Trump will arrive at 3pm. When asked by a reporter why they are not wearing masks, some of the replies were, it's just a virus, the case numbers are inflated or one guy thinks we're heading toward herd immunity.

Meanwhile, that air purification system in the church is a bunch of hooey. Each attendee had to sign a waiver not to sue Trump should they get the virus.

Now these young people will bring the virus home to their parents and grandparents.

Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

yea, im hesitant, especially at 68 to be the first on any vaccine. but I amin a postition to hibernate and I understand many are not.
http://richlyretired.blogspot.com

Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

I follow a blog of someone called the Badass Widow who moved her self from one side of Canada to the other and flew, a month back. I am hoping that whenm y time comes it will be safer and I will be driving while she flew
http://richlyretired.blogspot.com

littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Quilter51 wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:12 pm
I follow a blog of someone called the Badass Widow who moved her self from one side of Canada to the other and flew, a month back. I am hoping that whenm y time comes it will be safer and I will be driving while she flew
Quilter, I would feel safer driving than flying actually. You can control how close you get to people when you stop to gas up and also when you eat. I think most of the eating places are observing the 6ft social distancing. In Tennessee if they don't at least have the signage in place, if not they would probably be denied their state or federal money that they will be able to take advantage of. It may be in the form of a interest free loan, or the loan may just be forgiven if all rules are followed. I was at my Dollar General Market today and I have to say that the people who were shopping were follow the rules. Masks, plus a safe distance with the carts.