Is the Coronavirus affecting you

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Carol V

Re: Is the Coronavirus affecting you

Post by Carol V »

rinty wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:50 am
Carol , you look after yourself x
Thanks! I will and do. Probably borderline paranoid but better that than dead! You take care of you and yours too!

Carol V

Post by Carol V »

Jackielou wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:01 am
Canada has fallen to 21 on the number of Covid-19 cases in the world. I can hardly wait for a vaccine to be available. If we have to go through this again and again I think I might go a bit crazy.
What kills me is how do some of the biggest countries in the world have the smaller numbers. India has over 800,000 now but considering how many are in that country you'd think it would be a lot more. I don't see China listed in the top numbers either. How do they do it??

chocolite

Post by chocolite »

Carol, I think there is a lot of under reporting in countries like China and India.
Patty
https://thenextchapterforpatty.blogspot.com/

LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Carol V wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:21 am
What kills me is how do some of the biggest countries in the world have the smaller numbers. India has over 800,000 now but considering how many are in that country you'd think it would be a lot more. I don't see China listed in the top numbers either. How do they do it??
For some reason I believe that the orientals are much better at wearing masks; they accept what they have been told. They also don't have Trump as a worthless piece of garbage trying to run their country.

Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Carol many of those countries (and many European countries) had must stricter regulations at the nationa level, and people are for whatever reason more willing and understanding that sometimes you need to do things for the betterment of all. As opposed to CEOs having tantrums for being required to wear a mask and so many more things that I wont get into

They also addressed it immediately ratheri than hemming and hawing for a month or so about whether it was a conspiracy or will go away. I mean, I dont know, are there any western countries we can go to now?
http://richlyretired.blogspot.com

jstore97

Post by jstore97 »

I know when I was stationed in Japan and also Korea during the 80's and 90's those countries wore masks a lot due to tuberculosis. I wonder if it is still such a big problem over there.