Is the Coronavirus affecting you

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Is the Coronavirus affecting you

Post by MackerelCat »

This flew under the radar in mainstream news, but after the Covid quarantine in China, observers in the US noticed that 22 million cell phone numbers and about 2 million landlines had been deregistered in China during the period when Covid was sickening the population. This was so much higher than normally that you can probably use it as a measure of unreported deaths.
Mackie
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

China is communist. No one is EVER going to know, outside of God and the folks who run the country, how many cases and deaths they've had and/or will have, since it's not over.

So much of India is so incredibly poor that they'll never get tested - and therefore never be counted. The caste system is still at play there, counting and/or helping the poor isn't something anyone in authority is going to care to do.
Carol V

Post by Carol V »

LogicsHere wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:21 pm For some reason I believe that the orientals are much better at wearing masks; they accept what they have been told. They also don't have Trump as a worthless piece of garbage trying to run their country.
People like my brother would probably say that they are "brainwashed" and "trained to obey their governments". And, of course, they would NEVER let that happen to THEM! Well, they have been brainwashed by your, correctly described, "worthless piece of garbage". My entire family and most of my friends are unrepentant supporters. I can only shake my head and let it go.
Carol V

Post by Carol V »

chocolite wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:39 am Carol, I think there is a lot of under reporting in countries like China and India.
I thought of that too. But I also notice, when they show film, that they all seem to be wearing masks.
Carol V

Post by Carol V »

Quilter51 wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:38 pm Carol many of those countries (and many European countries) had must stricter regulations at the nationa level, and people are for whatever reason more willing and understanding that sometimes you need to do things for the betterment of all. As opposed to CEOs having tantrums for being required to wear a mask and so many more things that I wont get into

They also addressed it immediately ratheri than hemming and hawing for a month or so about whether it was a conspiracy or will go away. I mean, I dont know, are there any western countries we can go to now?
I cannot believe what a big deal it has become, over a small mask! It's become political as well, but this being an election year everything becomes a political point.

I think the people in this country are just plain spoiled. I saw it every day I worked at Walmart and I know there have to be millions more out there, getting their panties in a bunch, over something. Even trivial stuff. I would hope that our president wouldn't be one of them but I guess he is and his response to this whole thing proves it.
Carol V

Post by Carol V »

MackerelCat wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:45 pm This flew under the radar in mainstream news, but after the Covid quarantine in China, observers in the US noticed that 22 million cell phone numbers and about 2 million landlines had been deregistered in China during the period when Covid was sickening the population. This was so much higher than normally that you can probably use it as a measure of unreported deaths.
I never would have thought of that but it sure would change the count!