Is the Coronavirus affecting you

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Re: Is the Coronavirus affecting you

Post by mbrudnic »

floridacatlover wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:28 am
I usually don’t watch TV during the day but yesterday turned on CBSN when I was eating my late lunch. They were showing the Ohio governor’s virus briefing. I watched for 15 minutes or so. He does a nice job and is informative. It irks me that we never hear a peep out of our governor here in Florida. I’m thankful to live in a county, however, that is concerned and trying to do the right things.
I like Gov DeWine. I think he has done a decent job. There are a lot who don't.

SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

Our governor is useless.

https://www.publicradiotulsa.org/post/bynum-sends-message-stitt-national-tv-we-need-action#stream/0

Seriously, the guy has NO spine. Bynum, however... He should be governor.

Oklahoma has a pretty long history (as least as long as I've lived here) of useless governors, though. Not sure what the voter base that keeps putting dense people in office is trying to accomplish.

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

All 254 counties in our state have now recorded a virus case

Darn Loving county finally acknowledged that they had some.

There was a NYTimes story about them

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/17/us/coronavirus-zero-cases-loving-county-texas.html?searchResultPosition=1

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

They are fumigating our schools due to so many teachers etc with the virus.

They sent all home Wednesday. Started the holiday early.

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Ben Carson. Donald Trump Jr. and Florida Sen. Rick Scott all have Covid. That election party at the White House was a super spreading event it seems.

Also Rudy Giuliani’s son has Covid. I don’t know the details. Wonder if Rudy has it? Giuliani was a hero after 9/11 as NYC mayor and now has turned into a compete tinfoil hat lunatic.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Just got off the phone with our oldest son (the teacher). He started not feeling well on Saturday of last week, left school on Tuesday cause his cold was getting worse and went for a test.

He phoned to let us know he tested positive for Covid-19 and has no earthly idea where he picked it up. Hubby thinks he might have touched something and then touched his face.

He has now notified the school, and any close friends. He does say he isn't feeling too bad, and seems to be a bit better than Tuesday. Promised me if there are any changes he will get to the hospital quick.