Is the Coronavirus affecting you

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ChristmasTrees

Re: Is the Coronavirus affecting you

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Jackielou wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:34 pm Hope your nephew recovers. I know our eldest is kind of worried about any affects that may be down the road. It is really hard when those we love are ill. I will add your nephew to my prayers.
Thank you so much for the prayers Jackie.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Sandy wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:38 pm I received my first COVID shot on January 5 and will be given the second dose on February 2...both at 11:15 a.m. My arm was sore for a day or so and side effects didn't show up until a couple of days later. Not TOO bad (mostly tired and wanted to sleep, some body aches and pains).

I wouldn't change my mind about getting it for anything. I keep telling myself: Just get to the first week of March and you can get your hair done!
Sandy, I hope that you will post after you get your second shot - of course when you feel up to it. Like you and I, Dr. Fauci received the Moderna vaccine and I read a few days ago that he did get fairly severe side effects but they lasted less than a day. He said he was in bed by 7 p.m. the night he received the second shot.

My second shot is scheduled for the afternoon of Feb. 18 and my Pippi cat has a vet appointment the next day. But I’m going to talk with the vet scheduler and she if I can make it for one day later.
Sandy

Post by Sandy »

floridacatlover wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:46 am Sandy, I hope that you will post after you get your second shot - of course when you feel up to it. Like you and I, Dr. Fauci received the Moderna vaccine and I read a few days ago that he did get fairly severe side effects but they lasted less than a day. He said he was in bed by 7 p.m. the night he received the second shot.

My second shot is scheduled for the afternoon of Feb. 18 and my Pippi cat has a vet appointment the next day. But I’m going to talk with the vet scheduler and she if I can make it for one day later.
Yes, I fully expect the second one will cause more and stronger side effects, plus, I heard on CNN this morning that a possible "booster" might be in the works because of the numerous variants that are appearing?
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Clem, you were the smart one to start this thread on Feb. 16, a month before things started hitting most of us. Little did we know then that 2020 would be a year to remember - or forget.

I remember a year ago today, March 11, my Montreal figure skating event was cancelled. That evening I met my friends for dinner and the theater, our last outing for many, many months until an outdoor lunch I think in June. The play we saw had only two performances. I remember the theater artistic director told us that the arms on our seats had been sanitized. No one wore masks.

For weeks I thought that certainly I’d be able to go on my trip in July. Wishful thinking. But I did rediscover puzzling so that has been a plus.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

floridacatlover wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:48 pm Clem, you were the smart one to start this thread on Feb. 16, a month before things started hitting most of us. Little did we know then that 2020 would be a year to remember - or forget.

I remember a year ago today, March 11, my Montreal figure skating event was cancelled. That evening I met my friends for dinner and the theater, our last outing for many, many months until an outdoor lunch I think in June. The play we saw had only two performances. I remember the theater artistic director told us that the arms on our seats had been sanitized. No one wore masks.

For weeks I thought that certainly I’d be able to go on my trip in July. Wishful thinking. But I did rediscover puzzling so that has been a plus.
So march 11 of 2020 was a Wednesday. We had a town event that weekend. Everyone was speculating what was going to happen. Texas has lots of events in the spring. After the event the news went out that the students would not be returning to school on Monday. They had just had spring break that week.

After that - basically now a blur..........
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Went back and read the first 20 or so pages. Very interesting how it just kept building up!