Is the Coronavirus affecting you

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Sandy

Re: Is the Coronavirus affecting you

Post by Sandy »

clemencia2us wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:26 pm What do y'all think of what is going on in India?

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/27/world/asia/India-delhi-covid-cases.html?action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage

the pictures are horrific
I've been following this and just hope it isn't a prediction for the rest of the world (think it's under control then another outbreak happens). Scary.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Sandy wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:32 pm I've been following this and just hope it isn't a prediction for the rest of the world (think it's under control then another outbreak happens). Scary.
that is what worries me also.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Florida Gov. DeSantis issued an executive order today immediately banning any local COVID orders. So my county’s mask mandate is dead. Businesses can still require masks. COVID will never end at this rate.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

floridacatlover wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 11:51 am Florida Gov. DeSantis issued an executive order today immediately banning any local COVID orders. So my county’s mask mandate is dead. Businesses can still require masks. COVID will never end at this rate.
wow!
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

floridacatlover wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 11:51 am Florida Gov. DeSantis issued an executive order today immediately banning any local COVID orders. So my county’s mask mandate is dead. Businesses can still require masks. COVID will never end at this rate.
My sister called me earlier today to say how upset she was over this. She practically said the same thing you did.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

I was in Publix about an hour ago and already saw two people without masks - an older lady and a middle-age man (separately). Neither appeared to have a mask with them. It wasn’t just that it was off their face. I have not seen this type of blatant ignoring of the mask mandate at Publix in the past. I was tempted to say something to the lady but didn’t. Publix has had a sign right at the entrance requiring masks but I forgot to notice if it is still there. My guess is that the grocery stores here will take away their mask requirements now.