Is the Coronavirus affecting you

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Is the Coronavirus affecting you

Post by floridacatlover »

Fourteen Covid19 deaths in my county today. Overall, 200 deaths and 8,533 infections here.

I guess that the good news is the 10,059 new cases in Florida today is NOT a new record.

I’m glad I’m staying home.
ohjodi

Post by ohjodi »

clemencia2us wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:30 am I had to switch back to the Hallmark channel last night

I have a classmate that is a total denier about what is going on. Very right wing - don't know why. Think it is her husband influence. Both work for the "government" - not practicing what they preach in that way - anyway

She posts all day long - memes about this or that - dubious sources

So finally yesterday I responded and told her about the ones in my family that have it. This morning she messaged me a long message about not listening to what doctors say ciz its not true blah blah blah. I said - yea whatever. Asked if I had read it and told her No. Told her she needed to get off the internet and spend time with her family. Leave the internet spending time to people like me that do not have kids and spouses and have the time to do it - :mrgreen:

She said something else that i didn't read. I'm surprised she didn't unfriend me. She does that at least once a month. So I see that she has escalated her postings. Hopefully she will snap out of it. Her brother is concerned about her. :shock:

You can unfollow a person without unfriending them. To the right of their name on any of their posts, click the three dots menu to find that option.

You can also hide your active status in facebook messenger.....at the very bottom of the messenger column, on the right side of the facebook page, there is a settings "gear wheel" that you can click on to do that. You will still see which of your friends are online (the green light next to their name), and you can still message anyone. They will not be able to see when you're online.

I did this with my stepsister, in Texas, who is all "jesus and trump say i can hate people", lol I did take a look at her page about once a month, and couldn't help but debunk a post or two of hers while I was there! She eventually unfriended me, but it took me months to realize it LOL

I think it really bothered her that I was correcting her on what god and jesus expect of her, because I'm an atheist, LOL She became incredibly angry when I, in response to her vomit about immigrants at the border, told her that those immigrants, the children especially, are Christ presenting himself to her, and he's asking her to show that she is following him. That was too much for her little head.
ohjodi
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

ohjodi wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:51 pm
I think it really bothered her that I was correcting her on what god and jesus expect of her, because I'm an atheist, LOL She became incredibly angry when I, in response to her vomit about immigrants at the border, told her that those immigrants, the children especially, are Christ presenting himself to her, and he's asking her to show that she is following him. That was too much for her little head.
What bothers me about the "immigrant" remarks is that immigrants weren't documented until 1/1/1892 . . . almost 400 years since the Pilgrims landed. Most of us are descendants of undocumented immigrants who came here with nothing in hope of a better life.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

oh i would unfollow her every now and then and she would delete me too. I never unfriended her.

Even now I would not. I just think she is not right in the head.

But i just checked and looks like she has blocked me along with unfriending me.

oh well
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

I unfriended a relative. Social media has certain well established practices. One is that you when joining others discussing a subject in a civil manner, you add to the subject under discussion. She came on and wanted to change the subject completely. There seemed to be no good way to get her to add to the subject under discussion. Since I started the issue under discussion and she was being strident about turning it into something else and dared me to unfriend her, I felt it would be best if she not be invited to join in anymore. She was an embarrassment. She was being a troll. So she is gone. I feel much better.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

The BLM economic protest scheduled for yesterday did not seem to substantially reduce shoppers. The local Walmart market has security outside now and everyone inside was complying with masks. I saw a video on FB last night how one young man was not wearing a mask in a store, when confronted by a shopper, became belligerent. It was captured on her phone and uploaded. He lost his day job as a result of his behavior. In my opinion, it is dumb to confront someone not wearing a mask. However, I am glad to see that compliance with the mask order will be done by train security at least at some places where I shop.