Is the Coronavirus affecting you

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
SandiSAHM

Re: Is the Coronavirus affecting you

Post by SandiSAHM »

Well it is now, by association: DH's employer has halted all international travel. They put the folks in their southeast Asian offices on rotation and the European / Russian offices are operational but no one travels between locations. Apparently that doesn't apply to US travel as he is still leaving today for another US location (not a 'hot' spot, but with air travel... I think it contributes to spread).

So, for at least a couple of months your Lowe's stock value is safe :lol: he'll be home and working on stuff.

AIRLINE stock, though, over the next 2 months or so, I'll be the airlines will lose a bunch of business as more companies implement the same idea and people just decide to stay home.

rinty

Post by rinty »

A school a street away from DS care home is shut for weeks as they have a confirmed coronavirus.

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

rinty wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:57 pm
A school a street away from DS care home is shut for weeks as they have a confirmed coronavirus.
I sincerely hope that no one at your son’s care home get it. ((Hugs)) I have been thinking about, and praying for, you and your family.

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Went to church today for a rosary

No more holy water at the entrance. No more wine. No more hosts placed on the tongue - all have to go in the hand. And no more physical contact - no peace be with you hand shakes.

Felt weird to not have the holy water.

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

My friend who has traveled to many out of the way places and is usually confident and brave, told me tonight she is trying to cancel the river cruise for her and DH on the Seine from Paris to Normandy. It is not until late May. I’m kind of surprised although he was nervous. I imagine the idea of a “cruise” (even though only 100-200 people I think) with all the negative news right now is the main reason.

frugalaaron

Post by frugalaaron »

Things are about to get interesting here. I hope everyone keeps a cool head, when the fit hits the shan. A patient at the local hospital, less than a mile from here, has been tested for the 'C' word. We are only 5 miles from the airport, so I figured that we would be one of the first TN towns to be affected. :|

Update: The local newspaper reported that the test came back negative.