Is the Coronavirus affecting you

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Is the Coronavirus affecting you

Post by MackerelCat »

Clem, I hope you don't react badly to it. I get my second one next week, six days from now.
Mackie
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Did anyone see the news the other night that stated Pfizer is saying we may need a 3rd shot as well as a yearly shot like the flu shot? Also saw a news bite that stated there have been 5800 "break through" cases of the virus. "Break through" is when someone has had their injections and they still get covid. Of the 5800 74 have died. So do not get complacent after you have your vaccinations.
Janet Alliesmama
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

So far the only issue with second shot is a sore arm. Just like the first round

Was able to make it to a food bank to help. I directed traffic since I could not lift. It was nice to see different people. I wore a mask but most did not. This is Texas after all - lol

Afterwards I went by a friends house that was hosting a donation drive for a family that lost several homes to a fire. One of the relatives was there too - former classmate

There we were three women - all had been hit with the COVID during the ice storm we had here in texas.

My classmate's husband had just passed away from the covid. She said it was harder having to be isolated at home and not be able to see anyone. And then no power or water!
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

clemencia2us wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:59 pm So far the only issue with second shot is a sore arm. Just like the first round

Was able to make it to a food bank to help. I directed traffic since I could not lift. It was nice to see different people. I wore a mask but most did not. This is Texas after all - lol

Afterwards I went by a friends house that was hosting a donation drive for a family that lost several homes to a fire. One of the relatives was there too - former classmate

There we were three women - all had been hit with the COVID during the ice storm we had here in texas.

My classmate's husband had just passed away from the covid. She said it was harder having to be isolated at home and not be able to see anyone. And then no power or water!

Feel sorry for your friend. A lot to deal with all at once.
Janet Alliesmama
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

well hardly anyone is showing up at the big vaccine drive here, so they will probably end it.

Sad. People always asking and then when it is there - don't go or forget.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

What do y'all think of what is going on in India?

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/27/world/asia/India-delhi-covid-cases.html?action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage

the pictures are horrific