Is the Coronavirus affecting you

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Is the Coronavirus affecting you

Post by Jackielou »

Quilter51 wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:12 pm I follow a blog of someone called the Badass Widow who moved her self from one side of Canada to the other and flew, a month back. I am hoping that whenm y time comes it will be safer and I will be driving while she flew
She moved after a few restrictions were lifted. And you need to remember all the really high number of infections were in the province she left and Quebec. I believe she will still need to self quarantine for 14 days in British Columbia.

We also have way fewer cases of Covid-19 than the U.S. has.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Our governor Abbott is really playing around with his words

He said you need to stay home, but go about your business. He refuses to make anything mandatory. It is up to the individual.

He's probably thinking - y'all figure it out. Like he told the Bexar county judge when they passed an order about masks. He basically laughed at the judge and said - see you finally figured out what i meant in my executive order.
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

Our town/county reports 191 new cases in the last 24 hours, even though testing has slowed down.
Patty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Texas has halted reopening phase.

getting bad out there.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Just found out my cousin and his daughter tested positive for the virus. They live in the big city.

Well now my 93 year old aunt has to get tested. Along with my other cousin, her caretaker.

What the heck. She said she had been keeping people away, but I guess with this 'reopening" - they felt safe.

Shall see how this goes.

My aunt is going to hate that nasal swab.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

clemencia2us wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:33 pm Just found out my cousin and his daughter tested positive for the virus. They live in the big city.

Well now my 93 year old aunt has to get tested. Along with my other cousin, her caretaker.

What the heck. She said she had been keeping people away, but I guess with this 'reopening" - they felt safe.

Shall see how this goes.

My aunt is going to hate that nasal swab.
Oh no!

In my area CVS has opened a number of self-test sites. A nurse gives you the swab in your car not inside the pharmacy. It is a nasal swab but goes in only one inch. It was in the newspaper yesterday. I don’t want to get tested right now but would try for this somewhat less invasive alternative so maybe it is available for your 93-year-old aunt.

https://www.cvs.com/minuteclinic/covid-19-testing?icid=cvs-home-hero1-link2-coronavirus-testing