Is the Coronavirus affecting you

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Is the Coronavirus affecting you

Post by floridacatlover »

I talked with my cousins in RI today. Both have had their first shots and have appointments for the second shot. Rhode Island has been one of the slower states.

About three weeks ago their son and DDIL got Covid. She works in an orthodontists office as an assistant but she’s not sure where she got it. Sounds like they were both pretty sick and not over it yet. They usually meet my cousin and wife for breakfast on Sundays but luckily had no contact around the time she became infected.

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

floridacatlover wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:35 pm
I talked with my cousins in RI today. Both have had their first shots and have appointments for the second shot. Rhode Island has been one of the slower states.

About three weeks ago their son and DDIL got Covid. She works in an orthodontists office as an assistant but she’s not sure where she got it. Sounds like they were both pretty sick and not over it yet. They usually meet my cousin and wife for breakfast on Sundays but luckily had no contact around the time she became infected.
That is good news that your cousins are getting their first shot. Sorry to hear about their DS and DDIL. Hope both will feel better soon.
Janet Alliesmama

rinty

Post by rinty »

Eldest DS and his whole family got COVID. In that family , 11 yr old DGD was the super spreader, who brought it back from a visit from her DM.

DH, Tom and I all got vaccine. In the UK, its seamless and easy. Mine was the most " hassle " in that initially all apptments offered were at least a 30 mile drive away in other towns. By dint of constant phone calls and re checking the website , I found a slot (woot !) in my home town but it took just under a week.

Actual jab was seamless, yes, queue 3 times but then jab, and DH dropped me back at work. Work reckons we should book apptments outside work hours and check with them, if you did that, you would lose your slot so......not happenin'.

Lockdown is beyond tedious , but you know what ? we have to so that is that. I would kill to visit a beach or indeed go ANYWHERE but it is what it is. DS is a little more willing to go outside but not much. Anyone blathering on about mental health wants to see DS and look what all this has done to him before whining in front of me....just sayin'

Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

The administration of the vaccine has been painfully slow in Northwestern Ontario. We certainly seem to be a forgotten part of the province and despite pleas from our mayor for additional aid from Doug Ford we have received little. They are finally getting all hospital workers vaccinated and most now have received their first vaccine. Not all people 85 plus have been vaccinated and First Nations people of any age from 16 up have been given priority. This has caused a lot of controversy but personally I think it will save money in the long run. Many have preexisting conditions and the reserves are very ill equipped to deal with it, lucky to have a nursing post, let alone a doctor. And housing conditions are very poor. There is talk of opening it up to 80 plus in April. It’s very difficult to get through on the phones or computer but once a time is booked, the process is seamless. The vaccine administered here has solely been Pfizer. Very few have received their second shot. Remote learning only, and only essential services open for in store shopping. Not going to lie - this lockdown has been long and hard! But still able to go for outside walks and driving is not restricted. Gas prices have shot up above the beginning of the pandemic -$1.30/litre. Trying hard to remain positive.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Hubby gets his shot at the end of the month. Unlike Creative booking on the computer has been very easy for everyone I have heard from. I should be able to book my first shot by the middle of next week hopefully. We have been booking by age groups and are at the 67 year old mark right now. Seem to be going down two or three years each booking session.

I had heard for weeks about other provinces having problems with their computer booking and was worried about ours. Seems Saskatchewan did a great job on their program.

Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Jackielou wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:35 am
Hubby gets his shot at the end of the month. Unlike Creative booking on the computer has been very easy for everyone I have heard from. I should be able to book my first shot by the middle of next week hopefully. We have been booking by age groups and are at the 67 year old mark right now. Seem to be going down two or three years each booking session.

I had heard for weeks about other provinces having problems with their computer booking and was worried about ours. Seems Saskatchewan did a great job on their program.
So happy it’s been an easy process for you guys!