Is the Coronavirus affecting you

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Is the Coronavirus affecting you

Post by clemencia2us »

We lost two people today to the virus

A young lady - 20 years old

An older man - well maybe 60?

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Four of the hospitals in my county are completely out of ICU beds. This includes what is one of the two most prominent hospitals. That hospital only has 2% of regular beds available.

The other prominent hospital, where I would choose to go, has 13% of ICU beds available and 9% of regular rooms.

Some of the hospitals have again stopped some but not all elective surgeries.

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Make it three deaths

I received a message from the lady that would do my hair. Her mom also passed from the virus on the 4th of july.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Sorry for more losses Clem.

I have been reading how hospitals in Arizona, Florida, and Texas are being over run by cases. How all the ICU's are almost at capacity, and how the rate of infection just keeps right on climbing.

You and Floridacatlover stay safe.

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Jackielou wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:17 am
Sorry for more losses Clem.

I have been reading how hospitals in Arizona, Florida, and Texas are being over run by cases. How all the ICU's are almost at capacity, and how the rate of infection just keeps right on climbing.

You and Floridacatlover stay safe.
In the case of the young girl, seems like that could have been the case.

She was here in our local hospital. Guess they were waiting for a space in the big city hospitals that could do more. They were prepping her for the helicopter flight when she died.

I know all this because her mom posted minute by minute updates on Facebook - which i guess is a stress reliever for some??

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I had to switch back to the Hallmark channel last night

I have a classmate that is a total denier about what is going on. Very right wing - don't know why. Think it is her husband influence. Both work for the "government" - not practicing what they preach in that way - anyway

She posts all day long - memes about this or that - dubious sources

So finally yesterday I responded and told her about the ones in my family that have it. This morning she messaged me a long message about not listening to what doctors say ciz its not true blah blah blah. I said - yea whatever. Asked if I had read it and told her No. Told her she needed to get off the internet and spend time with her family. Leave the internet spending time to people like me that do not have kids and spouses and have the time to do it - :mrgreen:

She said something else that i didn't read. I'm surprised she didn't unfriend me. She does that at least once a month. So I see that she has escalated her postings. Hopefully she will snap out of it. Her brother is concerned about her. :shock: