Is the Coronavirus affecting you

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
chocolite

Re: Is the Coronavirus affecting you

Post by chocolite »

clemencia2us wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:16 pm
A friend and I laugh about this chip thing.

Now how awesome would that be. No more carrying around ID cards. You don't have to sit down and review pages and pages and pages and pages of paperwork before a doctor's appointment. I seriously think that in the back of my head, that is why i refuse to go to the doctor. It was so easy in the military. Scan the card and that was it.

Oh and it could be a tracking device for kids or seniors or disabled folks. Bring on the chip!
I agree wholeheartedly. I don't care who's keeping up with me. My life is too boring to follow.
Patty

Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

It's just like, my sister shreds her address on every item. I be like,.........Im pretty sure if you type my name and town my address already shows up. And I share it on next door for things like porch pickup. So I destry social security numbers and banking info but other than that I can't get empotioal. I also try not to put many photos of my kids online other than my personal facebook age, but then again I put wedding photos on my blog. Maybe Im too casual, who knows.

When I was in germany it was thrilling to have the one medical card where everyone just scned it (or inserted the chip so the could see my medical records and bill me. It was fantastic.

Today I am mainli knitting. My shawl has a large (six inches at least) lace section and my stitches are not matching up to what they should be, so the lace will be imperfect in lining up. My sister says she doesnt care if its perfect, she loves the yarn so it willb e a learning experience
http://richlyretired.blogspot.com

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I swear if the doctor I do see occasionally wasn't such a nice guy - i would be a "medical records Karen" the next time i happened to go. :lol:

Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

We currently have no active cases of the virus in our region. I truly hope it remains that way.

Our testing rate per 100,000 people has been 14501.4 and percent positivity at 0.4%. I really appreciate the transparency and daily publishing of statistics.

Our mayor would still like to mandate mandatory use of face coverings for all indoor spaces so things can open up more quickly. The employer has a responsibility to protect both his employees and customers. If unable to wear a face covering due to medical reasons, a special means of identifying that would be provided.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Mrscreative wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:56 pm
We currently have no active cases of the virus in our region. I truly hope it remains that way.

Our testing rate per 100,000 people has been 14501.4 and percent positivity at 0.4%. I really appreciate the transparency and daily publishing of statistics.

Our mayor would still like to mandate mandatory use of face coverings for all indoor spaces so things can open up more quickly. The employer has a responsibility to protect both his employees and customers. If unable to wear a face covering due to medical reasons, a special means of identifying that would be provided.
Sounds the same as here in Saskatchewan. Masks haven't been mandated as of yet except on transit (which we do not have here). Individual mayors and business establishments have mandated wearing them though.

frugalaaron

Post by frugalaaron »

126 active cases in our county, as of yesterday. 33 new cases announced on 7/7.

Erin and I (and the girls) have been in self-isolation since March 16.