Is the Coronavirus affecting you

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ChristmasTrees

Re: Is the Coronavirus affecting you

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Jackielou wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:34 pm
Hope your nephew recovers. I know our eldest is kind of worried about any affects that may be down the road. It is really hard when those we love are ill. I will add your nephew to my prayers.
Thank you so much for the prayers Jackie.

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Sandy wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:38 pm
I received my first COVID shot on January 5 and will be given the second dose on February 2...both at 11:15 a.m. My arm was sore for a day or so and side effects didn't show up until a couple of days later. Not TOO bad (mostly tired and wanted to sleep, some body aches and pains).

I wouldn't change my mind about getting it for anything. I keep telling myself: Just get to the first week of March and you can get your hair done!
Sandy, I hope that you will post after you get your second shot - of course when you feel up to it. Like you and I, Dr. Fauci received the Moderna vaccine and I read a few days ago that he did get fairly severe side effects but they lasted less than a day. He said he was in bed by 7 p.m. the night he received the second shot.

My second shot is scheduled for the afternoon of Feb. 18 and my Pippi cat has a vet appointment the next day. But I’m going to talk with the vet scheduler and she if I can make it for one day later.

Sandy

Post by Sandy »

floridacatlover wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:46 am
Sandy, I hope that you will post after you get your second shot - of course when you feel up to it. Like you and I, Dr. Fauci received the Moderna vaccine and I read a few days ago that he did get fairly severe side effects but they lasted less than a day. He said he was in bed by 7 p.m. the night he received the second shot.

My second shot is scheduled for the afternoon of Feb. 18 and my Pippi cat has a vet appointment the next day. But I’m going to talk with the vet scheduler and she if I can make it for one day later.
Yes, I fully expect the second one will cause more and stronger side effects, plus, I heard on CNN this morning that a possible "booster" might be in the works because of the numerous variants that are appearing?