Daily check in February 17, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily check in February 17, 2020

Post by clemencia2us »

Feel so lazy today - what else is new?

I am amazed at what all of y'all do so early in the morning. It is 1030 and I am still in pajamas and having my coffee.

I really felt like just staying in bed. I was sleeping so well. Even the pups were relaxing comfortably. It is just a lazy day

Warm and humid outside. Not as chilly. Think it will hit 80 and then we will have another round of chilly weather. Good. Not ready for the heat.

Hope all have a great day.

They are showing Murder She Wrote on Hallmark this morning. I'm surprised. It is usually other detective shows. I didn't turn off the tv last night and when i heard Jessica speaking I thought it was still midnight or so - NOpe - 7am!

Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Hello everyone and Happy Family day to all Canadians. Dd is pretty stoked about having a day off with pay, but now that both dh and I are retired , today feels like a day we have every day except for the stores being closed. It is snowing quite heavily outside, so we won't be going out anywhere in the car. Dh and I did go for a walk before lunch.

I cleaned the fridge this morning and I never fail to discover something I had forgotten about. I salvaged what cilantro I could, washed and chopped it so it's ready to use. The wilting celery was used up in a nutritional smoothie. We scrounged around the fridge for lunch and used up quite a few things. Dd and I had some mashed potatoes with some shredded cheese, and butter. We also made some coleslaw with the remaining cabbage. Dh made a grilled cheese using the remainder of the shredded cheese on some seed lover's bread and topped it off with tomato slices and sweet sandwich pickles. The cut up honeydew melon got all eaten up, along with the plain yogurt. We still have quite a bit of food even though fresh veggies are starting to run low. But I think I'll try to delay grocery shopping until Thursday. There really aren't any exciting sales this week. Supper will be much of the same! Dh will have the remainder of the chicken fried rice, dd and I have decided on vegan burgers, and our veggies will be leftover green beans, rutabaga, and some crudities with red pepper hummus. It's really time to get that stuff all eaten up!

Dh has kept busy watching some curling on tv, dd is doing some crafting and it's just me who is finding the time long. Perhaps I am still adjusting to being retired. But I find as time goes on, there's less and less that needs to be done in the house as I have a pretty good cleaning routine established and it doesn't take that long. Oh well, as soon as it stops snowing, then I can shovel the deck and sidewalks and stairs. Also clear the cars of the snow.

Well off to clean the ensuite bathroom now!
Creative

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I did a few little tasks

Rolled up the change i have been collecting. Not much - 24 dollars.

Then I gathered up the shoes i no longer use. Some are used but also some barely worn - maybe once. And they have been in the closet for years. Time to let them go. Will drop them off in a collection bin tomorrow.

Now i don't feel guilty of piddling the day away - :mrgreen:

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

I am at our son's and have started the washing. Now taking a break before I clean the fridge.

Tomorrow I clean off his table and put things in the file folder I brought from home.

Talk to you more later tonight.