Daily check in February 18, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LWolfT

Re: Daily check in February 18, 2020

Post by LWolfT »

Good afternoon ...
Think we may have had some rain earlier, but the sun is trying to come out.
Already a spendy day. Needed to order a couple of things, including my tax software. My patience paid off on that, since the price finally dropped.

The appliance class was interesting, but unfortunately we didn't get a demonstration of the Air Fryer. The presenter had a combination toaster oven/convection oven/ air fryer, and used the convection oven function.

I will say the Instant Pot does make soup in a hurry. (Good soup, got the recipe.)

Otherwise, dealing with laundry, and a few other chores, plus a bit of work.

Janet, glad you're feeling better. Jackie, send me some cleaning motivation, LOL!

icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

Good morning !! :D

DH is becoming more and more self sufficient everyday, no big shock there, he has always been independent ! :lol:

everything is not all "wine and roses" so to speak there is still a lot of work for DH to do.

Yesterday was busy, DH gave himself a full sponge bath, PT, OT, nurse and home care aid were here yesterday PPHHHH :D

Today is a "free" day, DH and I are going to go to lunch, (meaning fast food, that we eat in the car) just getting out of the house.

We do have a wheelchair in the car, but DH isn't quite ready to go in.

He is making amazing progress :D :D

Had sad news from a neighbor, her dog died, very unexpectedly. He was about 9 years old a Golden/lab mix. He wasn't feeling well, not eating or drinking, so she took him to the vet and a mass was discovered, sadly it burst during the operation.

I had some very random photos of him with Goldie and another dog, I brought them over yesterday, she called today to thank me, she is so heart broken, she was crying on the phone.

Luckily I had taken some photos of her and her dog a couple of weeks ago, I'm getting them printed now
and will give them to her.

Pet deaths are so very hard.

IC

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Anohter day where I just want to sleep. No energy.

I guess that 5K just sapped all i had? :shock:

I've just been watching TV and reading online

The day is kind of blah. Not hot and not cold. Expecting a mild cold front today.

Will see if that perks me up!

Have a great day

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

icfrugal1 wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:28 pm
Good morning !! :D

DH is becoming more and more self sufficient everyday, no big shock there, he has always been independent ! :lol:

everything is not all "wine and roses" so to speak there is still a lot of work for DH to do.

Yesterday was busy, DH gave himself a full sponge bath, PT, OT, nurse and home care aid were here yesterday PPHHHH :D

Today is a "free" day, DH and I are going to go to lunch, (meaning fast food, that we eat in the car) just getting out of the house.

We do have a wheelchair in the car, but DH isn't quite ready to go in.

He is making amazing progress :D :D

Had sad news from a neighbor, her dog died, very unexpectedly. He was about 9 years old a Golden/lab mix. He wasn't feeling well, not eating or drinking, so she took him to the vet and a mass was discovered, sadly it burst during the operation.

I had some very random photos of him with Goldie and another dog, I brought them over yesterday, she called today to thank me, she is so heart broken, she was crying on the phone.

Luckily I had taken some photos of her and her dog a couple of weeks ago, I'm getting them printed now
and will give them to her.

Pet deaths are so very hard.

IC

IC good to hear your DH is doing so well and that he is getting out and about in the car.

Very thoughtful of you to make copies of your neighbor' dog that passed away.
Janet Alliesmama

Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good afternoon everyone,

The weather today has been cloudy but quite mild. It was the last session for the 55 Plus cross country skiing group so I went to that this morning. I had taken a snack of an orange and granola bar, along with some water so after the main group was finished, I went out for some more skiing on my own. I skied about 15 km in total. So needless to say, I was pretty hungry when I got back around 2:30 so had a snack of cheese and crackers, along with apple spice tea. I feel quite tired now so thankfully dinner is quite simple. Smokies for dd and dh (we so rarely have this kind of stuff as it is so processed!), brown rice, sweet potato fries, tomato slices and a can of baked beans for me (equally processed!). But sometimes you just don't have the energy to cook something completely from scratch and the food offerings I have left are becoming scarce. I'm afraid I have little choice but to go grocery shopping tomorrow.

Jackie I hope your ds is doing better today and hopefully tonight you'll be able to sleep a little better in that recliner. Good luck on your deep cleaning! Your ds's spirits will be lifted with your presence and undoubtedly make his life much easier. Remember to take good care of yourself though.

Tomorrow a very cold front is expected to move in so the temperatures will dip in the minus 30's C with the windchill factor. I don't think I will go outside unless absolutely necessary, aside from driving to the grocery store.

Well off to do some reading and relaxing before getting things ready for dinner.

Creative

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Fridge and freezer cleaned. The table is cleared off, some of the vacuuming done, microwave cleaned, and some of the baseboards cleaned.

I hope to finish the baseboards in the front half of the apartment and the inside of the microwave tonight.

Off to make supper.