Daily check in February 23, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
BevMoore

Re: Daily check in February 23, 2020

Post by BevMoore »

LOL pet juggling is the story of my life at my house. Keeping cat food away from the dog. Putting cat food high enough in the cat tree so he doesn't get it. I hope this will discourage the counter surfing I have had to deal with. I think it has helped. As long as I have cat food at the ready all the time they may stop. Sometimes breaking up a fight or two. Never a dull moment.

Bev

Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good late afternoon/early evening everyone,

Dh and I went to the gym today. I managed to run 3 km and walked one mile with elevation on the treadmill. I also did some light weights for my arms, legs and abs and inclined bench sit-ups. They are twice as difficult to do as regular sit-ups. We won't be able to go next week as our city is hosting the Winter Special Olympics for all of Canada. It will bring a much needed economic boost to our city!

I actually had to see my family physician on Thursday for another matter and was glad to hear I don't have any cysts or lumps detected on the mammogram. They're having the special views and ultrasound because there was some asymmetry in the one breast in comparison to the last reading. It probably means everything is fine, but with my family history of my mother and brother passing away from breast cancer, I can't help but be concerned. I had genetic testing done though and don't carry the gene for breast cancer. The same thing happened around 4 years ago, but when I checked the records it was for the other breast. So at this point I am feeling quite optimistic but still will be relieved to get the results.

I won't be cross country skiing or snow shoeing this week either as the facility I go to will be used for Special Olympics as well. So I think it will be a good time to do some deep cleaning and decluttering in the house. That seems to be a never ending process. I think I will set up a schedule just to keep myself accountable to some goals. Also a great time to get some reading done. I have been a little slack lately, just can't seem to get too motivated!

Well off to get some dinner ready,
Creative

BevMoore

Post by BevMoore »

Update: I started getting twinges in my lower back so I declined work for tomorrow. I need the rest. I did get things done I needed to around here. And I did get some things put away even though I had to cram them in what little space I have. I still have some more to put away. I am almost finished with the laundry.

Bev

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Mrscreative wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:40 pm
Good late afternoon/early evening everyone,

Dh and I went to the gym today. I managed to run 3 km and walked one mile with elevation on the treadmill. I also did some light weights for my arms, legs and abs and inclined bench sit-ups. They are twice as difficult to do as regular sit-ups. We won't be able to go next week as our city is hosting the Winter Special Olympics for all of Canada. It will bring a much needed economic boost to our city!

I actually had to see my family physician on Thursday for another matter and was glad to hear I don't have any cysts or lumps detected on the mammogram. They're having the special views and ultrasound because there was some asymmetry in the one breast in comparison to the last reading. It probably means everything is fine, but with my family history of my mother and brother passing away from breast cancer, I can't help but be concerned. I had genetic testing done though and don't carry the gene for breast cancer. The same thing happened around 4 years ago, but when I checked the records it was for the other breast. So at this point I am feeling quite optimistic but still will be relieved to get the results.

I won't be cross country skiing or snow shoeing this week either as the facility I go to will be used for Special Olympics as well. So I think it will be a good time to do some deep cleaning and decluttering in the house. That seems to be a never ending process. I think I will set up a schedule just to keep myself accountable to some goals. Also a great time to get some reading done. I have been a little slack lately, just can't seem to get too motivated!

Well off to get some dinner ready,
Creative
I’m so relieved to learn of the absence of lumps & cysts in your breasts.

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

BevMoore wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:43 pm
Update: I started getting twinges in my lower back so I declined work for tomorrow. I need the rest. I did get things done I needed to around here. And I did get some things put away even though I had to cram them in what little space I have. I still have some more to put away. I am almost finished with the laundry.

Bev
I hope your back feels better soon.

Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

gaylejackson2 wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:11 pm
I’m so relieved to learn of the absence of lumps & cysts in your breasts.
Thanks so much Gayle!