Daily Check in Feb 24, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in Feb 24, 2020

Post by mbrudnic »

Good morning friends,

Let's kick off this Monday. I did not seep all that well. Actually got up for an hour or so. Too many thoughts running around my brain, and not sure why. Of course I was alone with my thoughts all weekend.

I see the podiatrist this afternoon. I hope to swing by DS1's and drop off the t-shirts I got them all in FL.
I need to fill out paperwork for the DR. I need to make an appointment for service on my car.

Right now I have a file of emails downloading so I can look and see if I can find the phishing email that caught this user.

Have a great day,

Maggie

Dgflorida

Re: Daily Check in Feb 24, 2020

Post by Dgflorida »

Good morning Maggie and all,

It is a lovely morning in Florida. Today, my military son should arrive. He is driving his truck down from his military base for me to baby sit for the next year or so while he is on his deployment. He is headed to Asia and given his speciality, he might get the opportunity for some real time action with corona virus. That would make him happy. Make me nervous.

My experience with food poisoning is over and I am almost normal except a bit weak. I have caught up with some of the immediate housework, but not the outside work.

Today will be getting down the spare bed and reorganizing the room. And going to the store with him so he can pick out food he likes. I am figuring a rotisserie chicken for tonight and tomorrow?? Since we eat so differently now than we did when he was young, best to wait and see. We don't know when he will arrive, so just ready, stand by.

Hub's weight is still up and he doesn't know why. He is hovering about 10 lbs above his target weight. And is having trouble getting it down. Of course thanks to the bout of food poisoning, I am 5 lbs down. But this is not the way to lose weight.

Today, I am grateful that we will see our son one more time before deployment. Value the moment. Have a good day all.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I must remind Hubby that tomorrow he needs to take the car in and get an oil change. Unless I manage to get home from Prayer Shawls this afternoon at a decent time (want to stop at the pharmacy first and get some prescriptions filled as well as some Advil).

We were supposed to get snow overnight, but from the looks of the ground nothing or very little happened. It is also supposed to snow during the day....we shall see if it does. As long as the weather is good for Thursday and our trip back up to the city.

Frugal happenings here will be the usual Monday ones. I will be doing laundry at some point starting this morning (need someone to chase Eiko downstairs so I can get down) and that will be done in the usual frugal manner.

Meals will be prepared using what is on hand in fridge, freezer and pantry.

Errands will be combined to ensure efficient use of the vehicle, and save on gas as well as wear and tear.

Hobbies are being worked on using materials from my stashes. It is amazing what items can be made using remnants or one ball of yarn.

Supper tonight is going to be something with leftover chicken and probably pasta. Served with the remains of the salad (a little bit of added lettuce and veggies will be necessary) and the remains of the pie I made yesterday for dessert.

Today my many hobbies bring me great joy.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello all.

I slept great last night and feel really rested.

I’ll go to mom’s house today and probably work in the back yard. The back does not get as many leaves. I raked four bags yesterday from the front and will have my six bags to put out for tomorrow’s trash.

I watched Once Upon a Time in Hollywood last night. I liked it but did not love it. Parts (only one section) were very violent as you’d expect from Quentin Tarantino. I’m a fan of the actress Andie MacDowell (beautiful inside and out and a big animal lover) and enjoyed watching her daughter Margaret Qualley who had quite a big role. I’m glad I rented the film.

I still have some Canadian money from my trip last summer. I know my bank will provide foreign currency by mail and has a quick turnaround. So I’ll look into that today and see about getting some more Canadian money to have one less thing to do at the airport in Montreal.

Have a good day.

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. It is lightly raining with a temp of ( 42 F) (6 C )feels like (38 F) ( 3 C).

Nothing exciting or interesting going on here. I can say that my leaky gut diet seems to be helping. After having moderate to sever abdominal pain for well over a year, this past week no pain.

Teddi is in training to learn how to get on and off of my bed. My bed is a reproduction of an antique canopy bed and it sits really high. When I have my cataract surgery I will not be able to lift him in and off of my bed. Also with back surgery in my future I really should not be lifting him even though he only weights 16 lbs. I have a small stool that he can jump up on then he jumps to the cedar chest and then up on my bed. The last jump is a little bit higher than I would like it to be so I am going to bring up a cushion from the couch downstairs and put it on the cedar chest to give him a little more height.

Have a good and frugal day everyone.
Janet Alliesmama

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Hello friends,

I slept good last night again, though I think I owe that in part to a pain pill aa my body seems to ache more at bedtime.

However, my thigh & arm muscle really ached when I awoke-same muscles that hurt & feel so cold at nights. I have contacted my chemo Dr, as I never felt this pain/coldness prior to chemo.

It's another sunny morning with clear skies looking out the north window by me. I checked at 7am, it was 29°F with realfeel of 21°F. Today's high is to be 39°F, with the next two days dipping into the low-30’s, then the 7 days afterwards the highs will be in mid- to high-40’s.

No school today for my children, my boys are sleeping in, and my girls woke up early.

I have a few errands today, including shopping for milk, mailing a package to Mil, and getting a follow-up (for my pneumonia) chest X-ray. Something else too???

Did not bake again yesterday, but am going to try to do so today.

I will knit on my temperature blanket, as well as on the dishcloth I started yesterday. I may read some too.

I hope to make lentil or split pea soup today or tomorrow; need to put the ham bones in crockpot to cook the meat off.

Today I feel grateful to know you all on here. Rinty, I miss you.