Daily Check in Feb 24, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check in Feb 24, 2020

Post by MackerelCat »

Sheila, I am also glad you are okay. If you feel any bit off in the next few days, please go immediately to the doctor. Lots of us are at the age where a bad fall could mess us up permanently, * hugs*
Mackie
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

by HappyDaze » Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:25 pm

Happy Monday Maggie and Everyone! It was a good day. I feel really blessed. I had a FALL yesterday (I seem to FALL a lot - A. LOT - due only to my own stupidity. This one was MAJOR - SERIOUS - and, at the risk of sounding like a drama queen, I could have been killed.

I was picking up some free furniture from the parking lot of a local hotel (hey, free night stands and sofa tables - in fabulous condition - and I got my foot caught up in a heavy table somehow and I fell backward.

I landed on my back - and hit my head SO HARD that my glasses flew off my face and landed several feet away. I never lost consciousness. I got back to my car and called my son and waited there 20 minutes until he arrived with my daughter-in-law.

Long story made short - a concussion was ruled out but boy am I in some PAIN. Yes friends, LESSON LEARNED - I have had the lecture from my son. They stayed with me and I made dinner and we ate and they left about 9:00 p.m. I made myself stay awake until 11:00 p.m. and got up at 4:00 - feeling just - grateful (and stupid).

What is the lesson? Don't try to lift and lug and load things that are too heavy to be lifted and lugged and loaded by one person.

EDITED to add: It is unseasonably warm here -- enjoying the break in the weather for a couple of days! Off to book club meeting in 30 minutes!
Please check with your Dr if you have any unusual symptoms. I had a head injury about 30 years ago. The symptoms of the concussion didn't show up for several days.

Penny
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Be careful Sheila! I've fallen at least three times this last year

It was crazy and nothing really bad that i did besides not watching where i was stepping.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Well i did what i had to do this morning with the house issues.

It makes me nervous! :roll: What if I sign away something??

Made me want to take a real estate course. When i was in college, those classes would fill up fast.

Nothing close around here. Seems like it would be interesting.

Maybe something online??
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

I was going to wash DS's hair for him tonight but he managed on his own. Yes!!! He says he can see a bit more mobility every day.

Prayer shawls went well, but the Adoration and Mass I was to attend this evening just was not doable. Still had our meal to clean up after and clothes to fold. Someone also had to be near in case DS had a problem.

Off to do some knitting.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

HappyDaze wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:25 pm Happy Monday Maggie and Everyone! It was a good day. I feel really blessed. I had a FALL yesterday (I seem to FALL a lot - A. LOT - due only to my own stupidity. This one was MAJOR - SERIOUS - and, at the risk of sounding like a drama queen, I could have been killed.

I was picking up some free furniture from the parking lot of a local hotel (hey, free night stands and sofa tables - in fabulous condition - and I got my foot caught up in a heavy table somehow and I fell backward.

I landed on my back - and hit my head SO HARD that my glasses flew off my face and landed several feet away. I never lost consciousness. I got back to my car and called my son and waited there 20 minutes until he arrived with my daughter-in-law.

Long story made short - a concussion was ruled out but boy am I in some PAIN. Yes friends, LESSON LEARNED - I have had the lecture from my son. They stayed with me and I made dinner and we ate and they left about 9:00 p.m. I made myself stay awake until 11:00 p.m. and got up at 4:00 - feeling just - grateful (and stupid).

What is the lesson? Don't try to lift and lug and load things that are too heavy to be lifted and lugged and loaded by one person.

EDITED to add: It is unseasonably warm here -- enjoying the break in the weather for a couple of days! Off to book club meeting in 30 minutes!
Oh Shelia, I'm so glad that you are ok. Since I broke my arm, I'm literally paranoid about falling. I've told my DD that I am afraid that I'm to careful and will jinx myself. Take good care of yourself and don't do anymore than necessary for the next few days.