Daily Check in Feb 25, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in Feb 25, 2020

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning friends,

So I went to the podiatrist. As I thought, it is my tendon. The doc said that white women who are over 40 and overweight have a tendency to rip the tendon that runs down the whole leg. If I wanted it fix, we could do an MRI and surgery or an AFO device (brace). Since the brace worked on my other foot, I went that way. It was a relief not to have to do PT or other treatments. So now I need to make an appointment to have the device made.

Today is supposed to be rainy again. Yuck. It does not help the mood.

Have a great day,
Maggie

floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check in Feb 25, 2020

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning all.

Maggie, good luck with the leg. Mom’s neighbor’s ankle tendon injury has been eye opening for me.

I slept well (except for the part about the snake I saw in mom’s backyard yesterday).

I plan to continue work in my second bedroom today. Yesterday I did a thorough dusting. Today I’ll go through my gadget drawer and see if I can find anything to declutter and also go through my bookshelves.

I may go to Kohls to see if I can get a new watch band. Last time I got one there they put it on the watch for me.

It turned out the tights I ordered from Amazon are fleece lined. I like them a lot. Comments say they are not good for tall people but that doesn’t affect me. I probably could have ordered one size down but they will be fine especially since I’ll wear them under jeans. They are made in China. Cost was 2 pair/$15 which I thought was a good price.

I stopped at Target yesterday to buy 2 pillow protectors. I’ve been wanting new ones and Target sends me a letter every so often warning if I don’t use my Red card they will cancel it. Target has gone to mostly self checkout. I only saw one regular register open.

I got a lot done at mom’s house the past two days so will skip today. I happened to see a film listed on Prime that looks good - The Bookshop. It stars Emily Mortimer who I really liked in The Newsroom series.

Have a good day and no falls by anyone.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

floridacatlover wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:55 am
Good morning all.

Maggie, good luck with the leg. Mom’s neighbor’s ankle tendon injury has been eye opening for me.

I slept well (except for the part about the snake I saw in mom’s backyard yesterday).

I plan to continue work in my second bedroom today. Yesterday I did a thorough dusting. Today I’ll go through my gadget drawer and see if I can find anything to declutter and also go through my bookshelves.

I may go to Kohls to see if I can get a new watch band. Last time I got one there they put it on the watch for me.

It turned out the tights I ordered from Amazon are fleece lined. I like them a lot. Comments say they are not good for tall people but that doesn’t affect me. I probably could have ordered one size down but they will be fine especially since I’ll wear them under jeans. They are made in China. Cost was 2 pair/$15 which I thought was a good price.

I stopped at Target yesterday to buy 2 pillow protectors. I’ve been wanting new ones and Target sends me a letter every so often warning if I don’t use my Red card they will cancel it. Target has gone to mostly self checkout. I only saw one regular register open.

I got a lot done at mom’s house the past two days so will skip today. I happened to see a film listed on Prime that looks good - The Bookshop. It stars Emily Mortimer who I really liked in The Newsroom series.

Have a good day and no falls by anyone.
If it is the same film I had heard about awhile back The Bookshop is supposed to be very good.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Maggie I hope you have more good results with the brace on this foot.

FLC enjoy the tights.

So I managed to get most of the items done on my to do list for yesterday, and I hope for the same results on the list for today. Still no snow falling so I hope the weather pundits stop predicting it to fall. Right now they just seem to move it to the next day and I don't want to see snow on Thursday or Friday.

Today will be a no spend day. I do not plan on going anywhere and Hubby will be taking the car in for an oil change (we have a coupon for this).

I plan on getting the remaining sewing for DS finished, some laundry that was drying in the basement folded, and a few extra cleaning jobs completed. Then the rest of the day is mine to knit, plan supper (which is going to be the leftover chili with toast), bake a cake (pie is done) and whatever else my little heart desires.

I have lost another 5 lbs, though I think this is more because of stress and worry than any effort on my part. I do hope this has jumpstarted he weight loss once again. My doctor would be extremely happy if it did.

I hope to get DS into my sewing/craft room at some point today and have him remove all the useless programmes on my old desktop. I can never find where to do that, or I find it and remove something that is....well....kind of necessary for the proper functioning of the machine. There are just a few things I will have him take off. He is also going to do something with the box I use as a PVR kind of device. Says he is going to make it more efficient. Since he is my tech guide I will let him do it.

As stated previously supper tonight is going to be the leftover chili, and my lunch will probably be either the leftover ham casserole or the leftover turkey tetrazzini. There is a Shrove Tuesday meal at the church, but by the time we get DS into the car, and down into the parish hall (basement of the church) we would all be tired right out. Instead I will make pancakes for our meal tomorrow night to commemorate Ash Wednesday (don't eat meat this day, and probably shouldn't have fat filled pancakes either, but at least they aren't meat).

Talked to oldest DS and he seems to be weathering the storms that came his way quite well. He is a bit worried about the school trip to Germany over the Easter holidays. So far he has not had to cancel it but one never knows.

Today each and every day that DS is here with us brings me joy (not his injury, but his presence).

Everybody have a great day. Take care.

itspennyc

Post by itspennyc »

I decided at the very last minute to bake oatmeal blueberry muffins.

I have gathered and luged out the trash. It was heavy, I put the torn and split trash can into the bag. Then put the old shredder and transformer into it. I put my trash around it. So it was very heavy but it is out. I still need to put the box and packing materials out. But that will go on Friday as I have less trash then.

I have just a few rows to go on my daughter’s scarf. I will then weave in the ends.

Then I need to practice the Moebius cast on with scrap yarn, then when I am sure I remember how to do it will wind the red yarn I plan on knitting the scarf. That means I need to put together my swift. My swift is the Tilta swift a home made one.

We are expecting a cold front to come through later today. We are expecting temperatures in the 30s for the low the next 2 morning.

Penny

Link to Swift

http://webeccasays.blogspot.com/2008/05/tilta-swift.html?m=1

ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Good morning! Maggie, good luck with the brace. Jackie, my DH is my tech person...:)
DH and I bought an outdoor structure from Sam's last night and will pick it up with our trailer today. DS will helps build it when the weather gets better.