Daily Check in Feb 25, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check in Feb 25, 2020

Post by MackerelCat »

Clem, a big washer would be so nice. We have had a small water saving one for years and I am kind of over the many tiny loads.
Mackie

littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

clemencia2us wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:17 pm
Got all my laundry done'

It was packed. I love using their huge machines. Since I am a "basic" dresser ( :mrgreen: ), I can just toss all my clothes in together. No need to sort. Its just jeans, long sleeved tees, pajamas, cotton undies, - everything is a cotton blend with a bit of stretch. No special setting needed. Over two weeks of clothing done in one load!

Same with all my bedding

It appears that was what everyone was doing. Huge comforters etc. The standard household washer has a hard time with those. The attendant makes sure the machines are cleaned out. They are Speed Queen machines and maybe i will go with that for my next set. The current is a Maytag and since we had it repaired it works - but since I want to do huge loads - I just go to the laundramat.

And i'm also cooking. Making some pinto beans in the crockpot. Only one pound, but they can be used all week for different things.

It is a beautiful sunny afternoon.

But I also have to take care of another house selling thing. What the heck. Wah.
Clem, I bought a new washer and dryer from Lowes (Whirlpool) when I redid my laundry room and the tub is definitely larger than the one in the garage. If I want to do two loads at a time now, I can. However, my laundry has decreased since I am hanging up the tops and slacks that I wear for a couple of hours to church or shopping and rewear again. I bought a lightweight comforter to use in the winter on my bed and I've washed it a couple of times in my new washer and it works well. In the summer I use a light weight blanket, which is also easy to wash in a regular washer.

I admire you for enjoying the laundromat, when I was first married we didn't have a washer or dryer so I went to laundromat and I hated it. Have never been back since. I love the convenience of having those two great items in my home.

I am adjusting to not cleaning over clean and washing when an item doesn't need it. My mom use to clean and wash whether it needed it or not and I was trained that way. It isn't necessary to have a clean house and clothes by slaving over them.

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Going to the laundramat forces me to fold everything.

Here at home, i would just live out of the dryer. :shock:

Speaking of dryers - the machines can dry a load of clothes in ten minutes! Here at home 30 - 45.

I am out of there in an hour.

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Hello friends,

Later evening check in. I feel like I’m a dog whose been chasing my tail all day.

It has been cold with even colder wind blowing yesterday & today. It has been very darkly cloudy today, and the wind felt like snow, but never got any down here (not sure about mtns). It is clear & cold tonight.

I built a fire today with no remorse for whomever would find the house hot later (okay I also opened the windows for 30 minutes too, which dropped interior house temp from 78 to 75; I often do this when house seems too warm).

I did get to town & picked up my book on hold. Then I went over to the college and paid for my 2 remaining Substitute Teacher training meets, one of which is Thursday from 8am to 4pm (though I doubt it goes much past noon).

Back home, I watched Next in Fashion (netflix) before finding a crochet hook and starting a hot-pad and watching Father Brown.

Dinner was Chicken Fajitas, which took me awhile to prepare, mainly because my chicken breasts were a solud frozen chunk even after thawing for 2-1/2 hours—really made my upper chest muscles & biceps ache as I sawed through the meat.

Dinner was done & eaten before any of the night’s activities—ds17 had wrestling awards tonight (dh took him), ds11 went to our church’s Family History (aka Genealogy) Night-I dropped him off & neighbors are bringing him home, and I went to register ds11 for Youth Spring Baseball.

Speaking of baseball, I went through my “cash can” earlier today, and with that plus the money I pulled out on Monday, I will have just about enough to pay for all baseball & softball registrations for ds11, dd9 & dd7. 😁 Count me happy!

I finished reading Open Season. Now onto book 2, Savage Run. I’m thankful that I was able to get book 3 today; hopefully books 4-6 will be at library on Thursday morning.

Today is my dear college friend’s birthday. I have called her, but just got her voicemail.

I need to figure our meal ideas for the rest of the week. What’s on the menu at your house?
Last edited by gaylejackson2 on Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

clemencia2us wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:16 pm
Going to the laundramat forces me to fold everything.

Here at home, i would just live out of the dryer. :shock:

Speaking of dryers - the machines can dry a load of clothes in ten minutes! Here at home 30 - 45.

I am out of there in an hour.
I remember going to laundromat & being done so fast. Lol, ds17 lives out of laundry room here, until I get tired of his clothes everywhere, and put his baskets in the hallway.

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

mbrudnic wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:48 am
Good Morning friends,

So I went to the podiatrist. As I thought, it is my tendon. The doc said that white women who are over 40 and overweight have a tendency to rip the tendon that runs down the whole leg. If I wanted it fix, we could do an MRI and surgery or an AFO device (brace). Since the brace worked on my other foot, I went that way. It was a relief not to have to do PT or other treatments. So now I need to make an appointment to have the device made.

Today is supposed to be rainy again. Yuck. It does not help the mood.

Have a great day,
Maggie
I hope the brace works for you.