Daily Check in Feb 26

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check in Feb 26

Post by floridacatlover »

jckitty wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:18 am
Good morning all,

It snowed here overnight, we have about 2" so far and more expected. I have no plans to go anywhere.
Yesterday i closed on dads house, it is now mine. I probably will always refer to it as dads house.
Next up is getting the locks changed, sad that I have to do that but the brother keeps going into the garage and helping himself, he took all of the hoses and fittings to the air compressor….unreal. But it is just the way he is.

I need to do floors today and hope to deep clean my master bedroom. I also need to refill bird suet feeders ...they are really eating them right now.

Have a good day,
JCKitty
Just like I always say “mom’s house.” Neighbor told me she now says B’s house in reference to me but I’ll never think of it that way.

ownedbydogs

Post by ownedbydogs »

jckitty wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:18 am
Good morning all,

It snowed here overnight, we have about 2" so far and more expected. I have no plans to go anywhere.
Yesterday i closed on dads house, it is now mine. I probably will always refer to it as dads house.
Next up is getting the locks changed, sad that I have to do that but the brother keeps going into the garage and helping himself, he took all of the hoses and fittings to the air compressor….unreal. But it is just the way he is.

I need to do floors today and hope to deep clean my master bedroom. I also need to refill bird suet feeders ...they are really eating them right now.

Have a good day,
JCKitty
I live across the road where I grew up and it has been sold since 1990 and I still call it Mom’s house if I refer to it. Lol

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

alliesmama4 wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:47 am
Maggie how nice to be able to "attend" your DS concert on live stream.

Good luck with your brace.

Years ago when I was doing my clinical's on Ash Wednesday I was assigned to a nursing home called Jewish Center for the Aged. I was constantly told by the sweet residence," Honey you have some kind of a smudge on your forehead." I would just smile and tell them it was ok.

We have snow! About an inch and a half. We were in the dusting to maybe an inch zone and it is suppose to continue until noon.

I have been out on my deck to feed the birds. They were already out there pecking in the snow looking for anything leftover from yesterday. I gave them extra food today. They are so sweet to watch. When I open the deck door they all fly off to the surrounding trees and as soon as I am back in the house they all swoop down in about 20 seconds.. I love watching them against the snow with the red cardinals and the blue jay's coloring showing up brilliantly against the back ground of the white snow.

Have a good and frugal day everyone.
I am jealous of your snow. I wish we would have gotten some too, although there is a 40% chance snow prediction for this Sunday.

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Dgflorida wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:38 am
Good morning Maggie and all,

Military son is off to the airport, back to his base, paper work wrap-up, etc. Off to Asia within the week. I now own his old truck. It rattles a lot. We also added him to the safety deposit box. It has a lot of important documents in it. A few valuables. Mostly papers. It was a pretty intense 48 hours.

Corona virus has rattled the stock market at last. There are now reports in South America. The market has dropped about 2k points so far, but most think it will be short lived. 2k drop is not enough to draw me in. So financial plans remain unchanged. One of my goals was to get military son off his duff and make his savings work better. The military credit union people were very helpful and they offer some nice options to their people. I am happy.

Today, we have a cool front with rain showers. We desperately needed the rain. I doubt it will be enough. I knocked a couple of ripe papayas off a tree and gave them to my neighbor. There are more coming. I like papaya. I will eat a few as they ripen. Hubs has convinced me that I can't do keto like him. I simply need more carbs. I think I will take in out in papaya and peas. Hubs has not bounced back since restarting his pain medication. I had worried that he had exercised too much. Still hope I was wrong.

It looks like I have a new variation of ants in the house. They sprayed a couple of weeks agp for the Argentine ants, but these are very tiny. They showed up in my son's unrinsed coffee cup. He does cream and sugar. I had to borrow the sugar from the neighbor. She was happy to support the military with a cup of sugar. Since I don't leave things unrinsed, I haven't seen any since. Well, this is Florida and we have always have critters around.

Today, I simply will get back to normal. Put things back where they were. Catch up in the garden. Etc. We will eat leftovers tonight. I got 2 rotisserie chickens for Monday when son arrived. Both hubs and son like breast meat and it took 2 chickens to satisfy them. That leaves leftovers. Last night, I did hamburgers for them. So chicken leftovers with cauliflower rice and vegetables for dinner. I have the last roll of ground beef in the refrigerator to thaw. There is a weekend sale on chicken breast. No excitement expected for several months when I travel again.

Today, I am grateful that I got to see my youngest son again. I love and miss my children. Have a good day all.
I’m glad that you got everything taken care of for your son.

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

It is cold but at least the sun is out

Already dressed and ready to go. First for breakfast and then fax off another form

Will probably go to the ash distribution at 5. The first one was at 8! too early for me. And too cold.

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Hello friends,

Both dh & I slept poorly last night, he from his cold & ear infection, and me from body aches, night sweats, and him muttering at me.

My upper chest muscle hurt quite a lot this morning, perhaps due to all the prep work for dinner last night.

I’m jealous of all you who got snow. We REALLY need some here and didn't get enough this winter, imho. 13F here at 7:30am, high is to be 31F.

I registered ds11 for baseball last night & discovered that dh’s name is spelled incorrectly, so I’m going to take both of their birth certificates this morning to see if I can get the right name put on it.

I have another errand I was going to do today but cannot remember what it is.

The icy winds have moved east so I’ll walk outside again today, though it still feels very cold to me.

I will knit a bunch on various projects, and try to finish my crocheted hotpad too. I have noticed that my hotpad variegated yarn matches the colors for these first two months on my temperature blanket. 😂

Dinner tonight will be the last pan of the gifted GF Lasagna.

Today I’m grateful for sunshine, and the hope of spring flowers coming soon.
Last edited by gaylejackson2 on Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:48 am, edited 2 times in total.