Census 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
icfrugal1

Census 2020

Post by icfrugal1 »

I just completed the census for 2020.

I use the census to help me trace my family.

I was disappointed in the lack of questions asked,

No questions of employment ect. In other census that I (and you) have participated in I do remember being asked about whether I was working or in school ect.

In census for my grandfather i remember information about where he worked ect.

any thoughts?

IC
BevMoore

Re: Census 2020

Post by BevMoore »

I think its basically a head count to determine the allocation of the legislature for voting purposes.
Bev
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

BevMoore wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:20 pm I think its basically a head count to determine the allocation of the legislature for voting purposes.
Bev
I'm sure that you right.

IC
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Just got a note from our local Next Door Digest that Census field operations are suspended for the next two weeks. However, I bet it's going to be longer than that.
Mackie
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

I went to the web-site and answered their questions the day I got the notice in the mail. That's been about 2 weeks ago. Today I get another notice in the mail to go to the web-site. I don't know what the government postage rate is for mailing this letter, but you would think they would have a method to see if we had reported already. The notice is worded different, but code # is the Same. It says, " if we don't receive your notice on-line then we will mail a paper questionnaire to your address in a few weeks". They may not be planning to send humans at all because of the virus.