Toilet Paper Usage Calculator

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
littlemiss63

Toilet Paper Usage Calculator

Post by littlemiss63 »

I know now that I have lived to see everything. I was surfing tonight and found a link I have to share with everyone. Do you want to know how long your toilet paper supply will last you? This is it!

https://howmuchtoiletpaper.com/

MackerelCat

Re: Toilet Paper Usage Calculator

Post by MackerelCat »

I saw that tonight and just love it. Maybe people will calm the heck down.

(A side note: the only TP I have seen available locally was Cottonelle with aloe and was $9.99 for four mega rolls. Made me really glad to have gotten some at Aldi before the insanity hit.)
Mackie

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

MackerelCat wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:16 pm

(A side note: the only TP I have seen available locally was Cottonelle with aloe and was $9.99 for four mega rolls. Made me really glad to have gotten some at Aldi before the insanity hit.)
What!!! Is it that much???

I have not purchased toilet paper in YEARS. That is the COD's task. He goes to SAMS and buys a 36 roll pack. That thing is heavy.

I've asked him how much it was and he always says 15 dollars. Not sure about that

littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

MackerelCat wrote:

Mackie, I buy mine at Rural King. I don't know if it's the best price, but they are the best price on 30 gallon trash bags so when I am stocking up on supplies that is my go to store now. They were on sale for $3.99 a package for 12 double rolls. They only had 2 packages left. I usually buy at least 12 packages to last me for 6 months but I messed up this time. My son-in-law got me a package at Publix yesterday, but I have no idea of what he paid for them. He shopped for their household and mine and he dropped mine off at the house and he hasn't given me a figure of what I owe him. I got more tuna and bread also. I love tuna salad and try to keep at least 12 cans in my pantry at all times. They were out of cans, but had packets so this will be my first time ever using the packets. They probably cost me and arm and I leg, but I will take what I can get.

ohjodi

Post by ohjodi »

I don't see how that can work. Brands vary in size of rolls, and thickness of toilet paper. Also there's no option for women, who use more, but also for women who menstruate and will use even more. Medications also can have a big effect.

I did my own math to figure out how much toilet paper I'd save by using cut up t-shirts for just urine. I don't have the numbers with me, but it doesn't really matter, because everyone's roll sizes are different, frequency is different, etc.

I use Charmin Sensitive mega rolls, which I'm rationing against regular charmin, and my backside isn't too happy.

Anyway, I weighed a roll of the charmin sensitive on my digital kitchen scale. First I weighed an empty roll tube and "tared" it from the weight. Then I weighed a whole roll of the charmin, and got the weight of just the paper because the tube weight was already deducted.

Then I unwound the amount of toilet paper I typically used when it's just urine, and weighed that. I divided the weight of the whole roll by the weight of the one-use wad I made, and got the number of times I could "go" with that one roll. It came to about 24 times.

I do go to the bathroom a lot, because I drink a lot of water and tea, and I'm diabetic. Plus I use a bigger wad because I am fat. I figured I go six times per day when it's only urine. Plus I use a bigger wad because I'm fat.

So every four days that I use washable wipes instead of toilet paper, I've saved a whole roll of my charmin sensitive. THAT'S SEVEN ROLLS PER MONTH! It's about $1.25 per roll, so that's almost $8 a month I can save. NEARLY $100 PER YEAR!!

I've already been using the t-shirt wipes, and have saved two rolls of this precious toilet paper!

WOW. I'm not going to figure out how much toilet paper I use for BM, because it doesn't really matter.....I mean, what can you do about it??? Eat less?
ohjodi

rinty

Post by rinty »

MackerelCat wrote:

The bog roll DH got for the care home earlier this week called itself " infused with coconut oil " or some such nonsense. Gourmet toilet roll ????? :shock:

Seriously ? I don't know how much it cost, as it wasn't relevant given all this but its not something we'll ever buy when " normal" comes back.