Toilet Paper Usage Calculator

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Toilet Paper Usage Calculator

Post by floridacatlover »

littlemiss63 wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:26 am
Mackie, I buy mine at Rural King. I don't know if it's the best price, but they are the best price on 30 gallon trash bags so when I am stocking up on supplies that is my go to store now. They were on sale for $3.99 a package for 12 double rolls. They only had 2 packages left. I usually buy at least 12 packages to last me for 6 months but I messed up this time. My son-in-law got me a package at Publix yesterday, but I have no idea of what he paid for them. He shopped for their household and mine and he dropped mine off at the house and he hasn't given me a figure of what I owe him. I got more tuna and bread also. I love tuna salad and try to keep at least 12 cans in my pantry at all times. They were out of cans, but had packets so this will be my first time ever using the packets. They probably cost me and arm and I leg, but I will take what I can get.
That’s a very good price that you pay at Rural King. (We do not have Rural King in my area.) For a long time I bought Aldi paper, 12 double rolls for $4.49 so just a little bit more. But I decided I didn’t like it a year or 18 months ago so the Aldi TP could be higher now. I now buy Publix own store brand, 12 double rolls $6.99 so quite a bit higher and probably what your SIL paid if he bought the store brand.

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

The calculator told me 213 days so I guess I don’t have to worry but I may have underestimated trips to the bathroom each day.

I just increased it by two trips and it now says 160 days.

littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

floridacatlover wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:04 pm
That’s a very good price that you pay at Rural King. (We do not have Rural King in my area.) For a long time I bought Aldi paper, 12 double rolls for $4.49 so just a little bit more. But I decided I didn’t like it a year or 18 months ago so the Aldi TP could be higher now. I now buy Publix own store brand, 12 double rolls $6.99 so quite a bit higher and probably what your SIL paid if he bought the store brand.
He got Northern Quilted so no telling what he paid for it, but I'm just glad to have it so don't really care. LOL I think the calculator was kind of fun and I don't think it was trying to give us an exact count as ohjodi was. Lol Did you see her post, she was doing some serious calculating? :lol: Made my day.

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

ohjodi wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:59 pm
891 days? Maybe if you're a man with a colostomy bag.....
Maybe then, but yeah definitely not for my family of 7—especially since dd7 likes to put her barbies in TP dresses. 😂😂

ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

ohjodi wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:55 am
I don't see how that can work. Brands vary in size of rolls, and thickness of toilet paper. Also there's no option for women, who use more, but also for women who menstruate and will use even more. Medications also can have a big effect.

I did my own math to figure out how much toilet paper I'd save by using cut up t-shirts for just urine. I don't have the numbers with me, but it doesn't really matter, because everyone's roll sizes are different, frequency is different, etc.

I use Charmin Sensitive mega rolls, which I'm rationing against regular charmin, and my backside isn't too happy.

Anyway, I weighed a roll of the charmin sensitive on my digital kitchen scale. First I weighed an empty roll tube and "tared" it from the weight. Then I weighed a whole roll of the charmin, and got the weight of just the paper because the tube weight was already deducted.

Then I unwound the amount of toilet paper I typically used when it's just urine, and weighed that. I divided the weight of the whole roll by the weight of the one-use wad I made, and got the number of times I could "go" with that one roll. It came to about 24 times.

I do go to the bathroom a lot, because I drink a lot of water and tea, and I'm diabetic. Plus I use a bigger wad because I am fat. I figured I go six times per day when it's only urine. Plus I use a bigger wad because I'm fat.

So every four days that I use washable wipes instead of toilet paper, I've saved a whole roll of my charmin sensitive. THAT'S SEVEN ROLLS PER MONTH! It's about $1.25 per roll, so that's almost $8 a month I can save. NEARLY $100 PER YEAR!!

I've already been using the t-shirt wipes, and have saved two rolls of this precious toilet paper!

WOW. I'm not going to figure out how much toilet paper I use for BM, because it doesn't really matter.....I mean, what can you do about it??? Eat less?
That is hysterical...LOL!!!!!

littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

ChristmasTrees wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:52 pm
That is hysterical...LOL!!!!!
Trees, I think ohjodi should do her on comedy routine with that one, don't you?