Daily Check In March 22nd

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
rinty

Daily Check In March 22nd

Post by rinty »

Morning !

Happy British Mothers Day ! :D

Hence , awoken to a pot plant in my face and the offer of boiled eggs with " soldiers " ( fingers of toast for dipping in the soft boiled egg ) Ambrosia !

DS very pleased that I'm pleased.

Texts from rest of family and of course, that lovely gift they sent that I had already opened. I may well cave and eat the choccies tonight (HASHTAG# DRAINED ) Or I could be a good girl and just burn one of the Yankee Candle votives..........meh, choices.

Plenty to bustle around with at home.

Boris had a chilling message yesterday and today re staying home on Mothers Day to basically avoid killing your elderly parents.

I do recommend listening to Boris and HIS daily briefing for the sake of sanity. No arguments or bullying reporters.

Colonial Girl I read your post out loud to DH and we LAUGHED " Whoa, slow down Socrates "

Bev, I have a copy of Taste of Home kicking around where they do themed dinners ? And this one lady had done one based on Little House on the Prairie. The table setting itself was charming but she said she had to make TWO dishes of fried Apples and Onions as it got wolfed down. And it did look delicious !

DH has offered to make some homemade bread but I told him I was afraid I would binge on it so we'll hold off for a few days, plenty of salad stuff to eat up as I am Dam$$ed if I am going to have any Food Waste.

I have been writing up a Daily Menu on our Kitchen chalkboard.......I started with our diet in January to stop aimless grazing, now of course its Paranoia :shock:

DS will probably monopolise the TV so I'll cross stitch for fun.

One sad thing. The National Trust ( which has many historical buildings and gardens all over the country.....beautifula nd worth a google ) offered FREE ACCESS to its gardens. But people have blown it re social distancing and they have had to SHUT everything down. A shame as that could have been a peaceful oasis......

Hugs to All,

Penny , keep on knitting your little projects, when its all over you will have a basketful of goodies to share.

ohjodi

Re: Daily Check In March 22nd

Post by ohjodi »

Happy Mum's Day to all the Mums in the UK!! Including my sister! lol
ohjodi

mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

I woke up at 4 AM, well rested and ready to go. Ugh!

I have been working on DS2's requested quilt. I have one last set of borders to put on and the top is done. I do not have the fabric for backing. I also need quilting needles for my machine. I can put in an order at JoAnn.com and pick it up.

DS2 texted me last night. He is looking into jobs at local museums. Sigh. Lat summer he insisted he could get gig jobs. Hello! spending money. He is a healthy, strong college student. I think he'd be great as a picker at the Kroger warehouse, loading trucks. I told him not to wait too long for a museum job, that I think this quarantine situation is going to last longer than a few weeks and he needed to decide if he could go another school year without spending $$. This irritates me so. Sometimes you have to do unpleasant things in the name of getting ahead. He has a hard stop at the beginning of Aug. (supposedly) As he has committed to helping at band camp for the same school he did last year. He can also do his volunteer gig as a leader of the dorm move-in team in Aug. But he's got 4 month to earn as much $$ as he can. Suck it up Buttercup!

Ok calm down. LOL!

Have a blessed and peaceful Sunday,
Maggie

rinty

Post by rinty »

Parenting is not for sissies, is it , Maggie ? Is your idea of moving on hold ?

DH has decided we are going through our shed aka man cave today for kicks and giggles.

Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Good morning Maggie and all,

Another perfect Florida day ahead. I got more done yesterday in the yard. It actually looks like there are fewer leaves on the ground. I started raking the ditches. The drainage is important and keeping the ditches clear is responsible. I have 5-6 large trash cans filled with ditch leaves. They are headed to the yard waste truck pickup on Thursday. I expect to have 10 by the time I finish. I am allowed 12. I also finished the front yard and half filled the new 8x6 compost bin.

This morning, I must shop. We need eggs, cheese, lettuce. I would like fresh broccoli if it looks good. Eggs are hard to find. Seems that everyone is on a sudden health kick and are apparently eating 3 or more eggs a day. Well, I will ration myself, so hubs, a diabetic, can have his. Salmon is on sale again at Winn-Dixie. I will stop there and see if they have any. I also get a free ice cream for my birthday. I am giving it to my neighbor who likes ice cream.

I also will drop by Home Depot and check on landscape timbers. If they are on sale, I will drop back with the truck.

This afternoon, yard work in this perfect weather.

Today, I am grateful for everything I have. Have a good day all. Be safe. Stay healthy.

mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

I am planning to move in September. Most likely to an apartment not far from my current place. My cousin is an apartment manager and she has a few in a condo community for less than what I am paying. I am paying a premium due to an excellent location.