Daily check in March 23, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
rinty

Re: Daily check in March 23, 2020

Post by rinty »

UK in total lockdown. See Boris JOhnson address to the nation.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

rinty wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:06 pm UK in total lockdown. See Boris JOhnson address to the nation.
I think we might be headed in that direction shortly. Now there is talk about if you travel between provinces you will have to self isolate for 14 days.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

jckitty wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:16 am Good morning all!!

Slept good, have the grand-pup today as the appraiser guy is supposed to be at dads house for the appraisal,
I have to be there and am taking all precautions, wipes and alcohol spray on everything either of us will touch...IF it even happens. I am waiting on a conformation call. I am good either way. I will strip at the door, shower and go from there when i get home.

I have plenty to do today, making charro beans for supper tonight to be served with squash, ham for DD and salad. I will probably have some ham on my salad.
I have been texting and calling people like I never have before LOl.

Laundry going, sun is trying to shine, chickens laying...it's all good. My allergies are ramping up...hoping for some warmth so I can open windows and have fresh air. Something to look forward to.

Today's "extra" big job is going to be....cleaning and scrubbing out my silverware and utensil drawers. I will clean, scrub and air dry them. How does one cook in the kitchen create such messes LOL

My frugal hint for the day comes courtesy of the Tightwad Gazette.... make muffins from bits and pieces, they can be sweet or savory...uses up leftovers and fill tummies.

Stay safe, stay calm and be positive
JCKitty
Kitty, I swear we must be kin. I can do the same thing, making messes in my kitchen and I think to myself, "how can one person do this". It takes me longer to clean up than it does to cook, but I sure enjoy it. I love when my favorite niece comes and we get in there together. She is one of those people that loves to do dishes, so we make a good pair. Hope the appraisal goes well and I know you will be glad to put your dad's estate work load behind you.
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Hello friends,

I have been lazy today, doing little besides taking children to dentist for cleanings (I sat in car in parking lot), and taking dh 1/2 gallon of water at 1pm.
Maybe melancholy is a better description of how I feel.

I did read a most of a 300-page book though. 😁 And I sat on the porch in the sun petting my strangely snuggly 3-legged cat—it was nice & I felt joy from holding my cat & having dd7 cuddle up, too, for a minute.

I’m feeling Very unmotivated to do anything useful although I have gathered supplies to make cloth face masks, and have plenty of knitting, sewing, crocheting, spinning, & weaving projects to do.

Dinner is leftovers—we cooked one of the Very Large 30+ pound turkeys (gifted by my friend in December) yesterday. I froze the carcass to simmer another day.

Was sunny yesterday but snowing in mtns—ds17 reported one of our fave camping spots had 4 feet of snow, ge was on a ride with a friend. Temps here cooled down about 2pm yesterday, and did the same today. We’re supposed to get rain or snow for the next 3 days—probably not happening here in the valley, but I do like seeing snow on the mtns (it will fill up the reservoir that Dh’s company rebuilt last year).
Last edited by gaylejackson2 on Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

rinty wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:06 pm UK in total lockdown. See Boris JOhnson address to the nation.
Oh boy!!😮😮😮
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

rinty wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:09 am Morning !

DH is bustling away this morning. By 8am ( I kid you not ) he had sorted out his sock drawer :shock:

We have storage cubes in our wardrobes.

Happily it gorgeous outside so he is in the garden. He purged his shed weeks ago so he now has ACCESS to no end of little projects. He is putting together a picnic table as we speak, having found all the fixin's .

The only edible thing in the garden is rhubarb, but we both like it so stewed rhubarb may well be on the cards ;)

We write ourselves weekly TO DO lists so Monday is always busy before we lose interest ;)

Todays main task for me is sourcing DS size nappies which I cannot do for love nor money. Well, that's a lie, if you go on the interweb, the sites will tell you that due to the VOLUME of orders they will fill your order..........but don't be hanging on a rope til it arrives. I have some coming in MAY.

MAY :shock: This has gone down like a lead balloon with DS. So the search begins. He is toilet trained , these are his fallback and DADGUMMIT he knows this and wants those buggers, in his eyeline , where he can rely on them. I DID toy with the ide aof rasking his social worker with this but can't be bothered.

We have a review booked with her but as it is at peak Coronovirus time we will cancel............may not need to if everything is in lockdown by then which is totally possible as the genral public are MORONS.

Yesterday all holiday areas, national parks, beaches etc were RAMMED, you couldn't find space anywhere ( we were at HOME BTW ) The National Trust had to shut their gardens a week after offering FREE access to give folk some space to social distance as the LUNATICS have decided this is a national holiday :cry:

My TO DO list beckons.

Stay safe , stay IN x
Sooo... Tom is staying with you now, yes?

Best of luck on your chores. I’m hiding from mine. 😐😁😐