Daily check in March 23, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
jckitty

Re: Daily check in March 23, 2020

Post by jckitty »

Good morning all!!

Slept good, have the grand-pup today as the appraiser guy is supposed to be at dads house for the appraisal,
I have to be there and am taking all precautions, wipes and alcohol spray on everything either of us will touch...IF it even happens. I am waiting on a conformation call. I am good either way. I will strip at the door, shower and go from there when i get home.

I have plenty to do today, making charro beans for supper tonight to be served with squash, ham for DD and salad. I will probably have some ham on my salad.
I have been texting and calling people like I never have before LOl.

Laundry going, sun is trying to shine, chickens laying...it's all good. My allergies are ramping up...hoping for some warmth so I can open windows and have fresh air. Something to look forward to.

Today's "extra" big job is going to be....cleaning and scrubbing out my silverware and utensil drawers. I will clean, scrub and air dry them. How does one cook in the kitchen create such messes LOL

My frugal hint for the day comes courtesy of the Tightwad Gazette.... make muffins from bits and pieces, they can be sweet or savory...uses up leftovers and fill tummies.

Stay safe, stay calm and be positive
JCKitty
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

DG I'm beginning to think people lose all sense in stores. Son went to safeway yesterday for five things and came out with a migraine and only one thing.

I dunno about people. Serns much of california is just ignoring and going to the beach.

Maggie if we cant walk the dogs that will.be serious stress for us and them. Right now I walk and avoid but apparently a lady in my neighborhood actually got yelled at for walking to the other side of the street.

More after I wake up.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Appraisal over and done, very impressed they wiped any doorknobs and such. Were very friendly but stayed back over 6 ft. Didn't offer to pet the dog,which was a concern for me.

I made a trip to the local fruit/veg market really an IGA but known mostly for fruits/veg. Was able to get 3# ground beef, there were limits but I would not have bought more anyway...leaving some for others.Every store seems to have plenty of ham.

Everyone in my family has need of irish potatoes, couldn't find any in every store I have been too. Well they had some but limited on amounts per family, I need to cover 5 families and was hoping to get some for my renter also ( a whole nother story LOL) So, I bought a 50# bag and will distribute.

Came home to the news that our governor is shutting the state down starting Wednesday, I need to research the hows and whys as I was hearing it on the radio while driving. I have no problem complying.

My renter, the same woman that was my "house guest/roommate some years ago...the one that goes with a married man (who has 2 other girlfriends) you can't make this stuff up. Anywoo, she was complaining to me how tough SHE has it right now...out of cash and food stamps and needs toilet paper and Hellmans Mayo. She refuses to use anything but Charmin or Hellmans...stores are out. I told her use whatever you can find now is not the time to be stubborn about brand loyalty. She is also P'oed because the boyfriend won't give her money. She is 4th in line so I think she may be waiting awhile LOL

If nothing else she is very entertaining,
Well off to get something done, all of my "town " laundry is in the washer....
JCKitty
rinty

Post by rinty »

JCKitty,they have closed down production of most of the British Soap operas, maybe your renter should consider live streaming or a YOUTUBE channel ;)

Survival of the fittest, girl. Don't share your potatoes with HER ;)
rinty

Post by rinty »

Saw the Coronavirus bill being read in Parliament this afternoon.Of particular interest was the Health and Social Care volunteers. You can apply to your place of work for a 2, 3, or 4 week unpaid leave of absence and they he to grant it to you ( in most cases )

You can apply for renumeration ( you have to give proof ) for expenses or hardship .

DH and I discussing if we can make this work with him being 71. He Is extremely fit BUT.....

WE have two bathrooms upstairs and 2 empty bedrooms so we could be " apart ".

Trust me I have no desire to give the owners of Granny Farms FREE labour but , on the other hand, if there aren't enough carers its not safe for the old or disabled. I'm qualified, I know what I'm doing and , most important I CARE about people.

Making enquiries tomorrow. Some very good quotes from Parliament I won't bother to repeat here but worth a google.

Bustling around all day, My hands are chapped from scrubbing, it was lovely in the garden though.

The dog is living his best life.........all his humans at home, all day , every day x
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Thanks for the laugh Rinty!!!

The things she says and does...OMG I m telling you it is way worse than a soap opera....she is a nice enough person when she wants to be .
I got on her the other day because she was gritching about the fact she couldn't find "the high quality" flour she wanted. She said one of the grocery store workers that she had questioned was and I quote ...dumber than a box of rocks. Way wrong thing to say to JCKitty, cause I unloaded on her.
She has an over developed sense of "entitlement" I did ask her how far she thought that was going to get her...crickets LOL

JCKitty